Sets (OTJ) Outlaws of Thunder Junction Previews

they already print unreadable cards

her name is literally "the silencer"

this should be a real card treatment for specifically this card change my mind

they already print unreadable cards

her name is literally "the silencer"

this should be a real card treatment for specifically this card change my mind
I was thinking it would be amazing if they left the text box like that and it's a 6/6 for 3 or something.

The more likely explanation is that it's a Mythic with Questing Beast amount of text and they legitimately forgot what all the effects are.

Oh you’re right!

It just wasn’t on the list of places to look for preview cards this time.

12 hours from now it says

First Spoiler!
IMG_9733.png

Cactus Conferral {3}{B}{G}
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Return up to one target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield. Return up to one target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.
Although the cactusfolk culture is still in its infancy, the folks have already understand the sorrows of pain and the joy of rebirth.

What's the lore here? Why are there characters from like every plane and there's a subsection of Ixalan cards?

Honest-Rutstein-promo-pack-OTJ-265.jpg

What the hell kinda Gravedigger power creep is this?

Colossal-Rattlewurm-extended-OTJ-265.jpg

Imagine seeing this a decade ago. It's probably not even good because it's just obscene stats.

Annie-Flash-the-Veteran-OTJ-265.jpg

Annie FLASH? I wonder what she does...

The-Gitrog-Ravenous-Ride-extended-OTJ-265.jpg

So many of the mythics seem crazy.

Freestrider-Lookout-extended-OTJ-265.jpg

I think "commit a crime" is kinda cringe, but this is a nice card for me.

That Jace's ability to basically make 3 mana on a UU card is kinda gross.

As the Eldrazi guy, I'm happy to see "power matters."

Most of the Spree cards are at least somewhat interesting.

Cactarantula-OTJ-265.jpg

Finally, a card I have no judgments on. A simple Cactarantula. As God intended.

If I didn't explicitly set "no free value engines" as a rule for building my silly constrained cubes, that Jace would be pretty cool in a 237 cube.

Some other cards that stood out as pretty cool:

oltecmatterweaver.jpg

It slices! It dices! It's kinda absurd. Yeah, sure, a free Karnstruct with each creature if you've already got one, that's fine.

ruthlesslawbringer.jpg

Seems strong to me. Inb4 someone tells me that it would need to be a 7/7 to be playable... :p

armoredarmadillo.jpg

What a goofy little guy.

makeyourownluck.jpg

Hey @Brad, you wanted a reasonably fair way to cheat out big Eldrazi, right? Here's one!

slickshotlockpicker.jpg

It's stupidly wordy, but... this might be one of my favorite Snapcaster Mage variants? Sure, it lacks flash and is incredibly telegraphed, but in a way that just makes it more fun.

makeyourownluck.jpg

Hey @Brad, you wanted a reasonably fair way to cheat out big Eldrazi, right? Here's one!
I saw this one and it'll depend whether or not I add plot as a keyword. It's also a little stronger than I think I'd want, but that's balanced a bit by being two colors.

I also like the 1WB card (with Spawns/Scions) and the Bad Snapcaster. Too many cards spoiled today and I didn't wanna be the guy to highlight all of em.

I also like the 1WB card (with Spawns/Scions) and the Bad Snapcaster. Too many cards spoiled today and I didn't wanna be the guy to highlight all of em.
That's kind of the one annoying thing about spoiler season on the forums. I feel like people are more willing to interact with posts about a single card rather than posts about multiple cards, especially if it's a fairly short positive post and/or short post saying, "HOLY MOLY, THIS CARD IS SO PUSHED IF THEY HAD PRINTED THIS IN 1997 IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BROKEN!! FIX YOUR GAME WOTC!"

I feel like there's not really a reason to talk about all the cards until the spoilers are over or whatever. Maybe I'm off base here but that's just how I'm feeling.