Search results

  1. Erik Twice

    General Modern Horizons

    If you find Mother of Runes a touch too good, I would replace her, otherwise keep her. I would not run both. The new land cycle is intersting. It really shows how Wizards is (mostly) trying to address some of the fundamental problems of the game. There's a lot more incidental card draw or...
  2. Erik Twice

    Erik's "The cool side of Magic" cube

    Stasis does need some minor support in order to, well, actually win. It fits into Turboland, but it's true it's an inconsistent lock piece in my card pool. I'm going to see if I can get it working with a Vigilance creature or something of the sort and, if not, I'll cut it.
  3. Erik Twice

    General The Draft Exchange

    Hey, thanks! It does look like a lot of fun to play, though I'm a big coward and would have added Chainer's Edict and other cheap interaction to smooth the curve, but chances are you can survive without it. Something I'm noticing and which I like a lot is that most decks from my cube are two...
  4. Erik Twice

    The Video Game Thread

    Thanks! So the idea is that people have certain goals and just drive picking up cargo and such? I haven't played any games like this since MTS so I don't know! haha
  5. Erik Twice

    General The Draft Exchange

    I saw Nexus of Fate P1P1 and thought I could force some kind of "take all the turns" deck. Which didn't work, of course haha
  6. Erik Twice

    Erik's "The cool side of Magic" cube

    At this point, I think my cube is more or less finished and just needs polish and maintenance. There are cards I'm not fond of, cards that are a touch too powerful and archetypes that don't quite work but all the groundwork is done. I think I'll let things cools for some time, do a last revision...
  7. Erik Twice

    General Fight Club

    Personally, I think Jace drawing one card per turn overshadows him as a funky win condition.
  8. Erik Twice

    General The Draft Exchange

    Anyways, I'm drafting astraedm's cube. I actually drafted it yesterday but the deck was a forced mess that I knew wouldn't work so I decided to try again. I start with Search of Azcanta and Fact or Fiction and then pick up more MUC pieces along the way. I grab a couple nice cards and start...
  9. Erik Twice

    General The Draft Exchange

    Spear of Heliodis better from a strict gameplay perspective but I kind of hate it! :eek: I mean, "Legendary Enchantment Artifact"? Having two different types (Artifacts, Enchantments)* for the same kind of card is already fairly questionable design, is there really a big benefit to putting...
  10. Erik Twice

    The Video Game Thread

    How does multriplayer work in these games? I didn't even know they had them!
  11. Erik Twice

    General The Draft Exchange

    That's an interesting list! I was actually on the verge of adding or cutting some of the cards you added to the decklist or mentioned. For example, Sin Collector was added this very evening because I have the card in paper and thought it would be more versatile and interactive than the...
  12. Erik Twice

    General Modern Horizons

    Changeling means more targets for the Rebels deck! Here's hoping we get something interesting for that archetype.
  13. Erik Twice

    General Fight Club

    Oath of GhoulsOversold Cemetery Thoughts?
Top