Search results

  1. ravnic

    Card/Deck The House Dimir (UB)

    Oops, my bad. Yeah, they're pretty similar, but the guaranteed value of Finkel might be better. At first, I am not running Dominus of Fealty, my Izzet hybrid is Fire // Ice. And second, I don't see the advantage in breaking the symetry. If I can craft a great cube meta while giving every color...
  2. ravnic

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    Nighthowler is great. Also Bone shredder Ruthless Knave Dusk Urchins I run shredder and urchins and they are sweet synergistic cards. Knave could be good because it has 'yard and artifact synergies.
  3. ravnic

    Card/Deck The House Dimir (UB)

    They are quite different :p One says "you get 2 damage a turn" with no interactions. The other brings a 2/3 evasive attacker/blocker, that let's you play with your opponent's deck if it doesn't get stopped. I had both side by side for a long time, when I had 2 hybrids/guild, and Specter saw...
  4. ravnic

    Card/Deck The House Dimir (UB)

    I had Infiltrator in before, and it was sometimes really good and I always liked the art. But in the end he was too boring and narrow to maintain it's slot. Nightveil Specter is a much more interesting evasive creature for dimir tempo imo, and also better for slower decks like control.
  5. ravnic

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    Oh wow, I didn't think of this. The synergies with pump are real.
  6. ravnic

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    Yeah, it is a card every deck can use with aggro playabilty and an unique effect. My concern is, that in the end of the day, it is just a repeatable Lightning Bolt, which doesn't sound THAT interesting to me.
  7. ravnic

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    Veteran Motorist deons't do much in my cube sadly, because I only run a single Vehicle, which isn't even aggro playable. And for Anax and Cymede I only have 4 cards or so to trigger Heroic in {R} and {W}, which could lead my players wrong paths. Weapons Trainer is interesting. I mean, he at...
  8. ravnic

    Card/Deck The House Dimir (UB)

    Dimir has had a special place in my heart since I got my very first advanced pre-con deck back in 2005 with Szadek, Lord of Secrets. Since then, {U}{B} has always been my favorite control deck. But I feel like for cube, there aren't exactly tons of great options for all power levels. What are...
  9. ravnic

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    I'm looking for - a creature - needs {R}{W} mana - is good but not broken/highest tier - should do something interesting, maybe even a little to build around, but at least fasr from boring - I would slighty prefer a aggro-playable card, but no big deal, since boros aggro exists without this slot
  10. ravnic

    Card/Deck Low power removal that is fun to play

    I like it to have games not to come down to having an answer to a single threat or not. So, whil I cut the super premium removal like Swords to Plowshares and I could see me lowering the power level a little further, I prefer my removal spells to hit as many targets as possible. With more narrow...
  11. ravnic

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    You don't support a Blink deck? I could see this guy being awesome with army-in-a-can guys and stuff. Always wanted to find room for him, but never found the right cut.
  12. ravnic

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    I'm running exactly 3 cc6+ cards in white, and I'm pretty happy with them. Captain of the Watch isn't that much of a control finisher, but great with all the tokens and blink synergies in white. Also solid everywhere else. Adarkar Valkyrie is my favorite. A 4/5 flying vigilance is always...
  13. ravnic

    Card/Deck The Boros Legion (RW)

    Yeah, battalion is fine as a guilds mechanic, a much better fit than radiance was after all. I like Rally the Peasants too, but it felt akward to run it AND Glory of Warfare in a 4-card section. And I think the enchantment is better. It is not instant speed and can't make for the swingy wins...
  14. ravnic

    Card/Deck The Boros Legion (RW)

    Sweet card indeed. My only problem with battalion is, that it feels so much like a win more mechanic. It only does something when you can attack with 3+ dudes.
Top