Search results

  1. Zoss

    General CBS

    I suspect a big part of why they feel old-bordered is that they use a limited palette of mechanics and effects to make dramatic cards, kinda like how a lot of pixel art focuses on using a handful of shades to create a picture. Notably, these all have no more than four lines of text, not counting...
  2. Zoss

    General Fight Club

    Bauble and maybe Scepter of Fugue. Tithing Blade is cool, but Craft is bogus. Quill falls into the same bucket. My Precious seems weak. Bloodletter is fine but uninspiring to me. Relic is strong in that it's a modal card that's almost better than a sorcery-speed Murder.
  3. Zoss

    General CBS

    Probably; they're removing all alchemy cards from Arena, so this is likely part of that. https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/mtg-arena/state-of-the-formats-2026
  4. Zoss

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    Chandra's Emberling Hold it. Stop talking about rares, a common is here. I think this is a lot closer to Sprite Dragon than many may think. It's somewhat more expensive, but that's not uncalled for and it also starts larger. Lack of evasion hurts it, ofc, but you can play it in monored! I...
  5. Zoss

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    Seconding Vraan, he's very very good! Also I hate how good of a shout Foot Chopper is. That's a nifty one. Soulripper is also weirdly unloved. Didn't it do well in standard for a while? Or am I conflating it with Bankbuster? Either way, card is a house.
  6. Zoss

    General Embrace the Chaos / Cube Occasionals

    This is my main cube and I love it! My ratios are a bit different (I spike in at a rate of 1:8 occasionals:total cards seen), but seeing approximately a third of the occasionals each draft and having a lot of redundancy makes for a really good time IMO. I skewed it a little bit because 240 cards...
  7. Zoss

    180 Artifact Tryout

    So--I don't want to steal your thunder, but a very very similar cube exists in BARTIFACT, which I played at Boston Cube Party a few months ago. (https://cubecobra.com/cube/about/87f695d4-ca23-4827-b4d2-b3db65c7fe35?view=primer) I think you and Nemo are exactly right in that shatters need to...
  8. Zoss

    180 Artifact Tryout

    This rocks! Here's hoping you get a good first draft out of it. Two quick notes: 1) Aggro (1-drops in general) seems a little light on the ground. Combined with a high density of Smelts, I feel like control might be pretty strong. But! I might be wrong. 2) Where is Scrapwork Mutt???
  9. Zoss

    General Fight Club

    Tromp is really really fun and it has the benefit of being a card that basically no one ever thinks about outside of cube (or 4C/5C EDH but whatever :edh:). It gets you the highs of Overrun while asking for a little more out of the player. It also ends the game. I think if you want a...
  10. Zoss

    Card/Deck Broken cards for lower power

    It's okay to hate slopslop!
  11. Zoss

    Landfill - A Bar Cube!

    I have always thought that Primal Might is just stupidly strong in anything approaching "Fair" magic/magic which is usually decided by any sort of engine-building. And it really blows out anything like Shigeki (who is very cool and I think you're very cool for running). Super cool decks and...
  12. Zoss

    Nanonox's 1vs1 cube

    I really like my singleton breaks on the following: Gingerbrute Faithless Looting Chromatic Star Abundant Harvest Deadly Dispute Gingerbrute is particularly important for aggro decks to have a chance to shine in all colors, and it adds a fair bit of texture to them while it's at it.
  13. Zoss

    General [TRK] Star Trek

    So....I think I agree in that there are no enchantments in the world of Star Trek. But enchantments as a type really vary, even in the early days, from magic spells protecting artifacts and curses affecting an entire land with a damaging spiritual malaise to really big rivers and literal...
  14. Zoss

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    No one remembers this gem because it's reserved list. I guess it was actually a drawback at that time because of mana burn, but woof, what a card. Su-Chi Storm World is a weird stax enchantment. Could never fit it in anywhere, but maybe you can? Storm World Lhurgoyf is actually pretty good...
  15. Zoss

    Site News How to: Card Tooltips, Card Images, and Decklists

    I wonder if it's having issues with calling? But yeah, I see that too.
  16. Zoss

    General [MSH] Marvel Super Heroes

    You're going to hate knowing that because his full name is Blackagar Boltagon, this is, uh, a flavor win that he's neither black not a bolt. I guess.
  17. Zoss

    General [MSH] Marvel Super Heroes

    Sweet shitting crap on a cracker there are 569 cards in this set & associated products that aren't reprints. That's so many cards. Ultimate Alliance seems to be flying under the radar as a really okay W removal spell without precedent. Ultimate Alliance Speaking of fliers! There seem to be...
  18. Zoss

    [180] Dying Earth

    This draft got lost for a few days and I think Nanonox got to many more important points, but hope this helps! How could you forget about my boy Blightning Skelemental??? Glimmer Lens is very very good. Carrot Cake is good but thematically a little weird here, as you note; have you considered...
  19. Zoss

    General [MSH] Marvel Super Heroes

    The cards are a weird bunch, for sure. I find the pushed ones absolutely sauceless--shit, why not make your 1UG creature that clones a card every turn a 4/4 with vigilance? If you want a green Knightly Valor, sure, it'll grow AND let you play lands off the top of your library! Fuck it, Savannah...
Top