Search results

  1. Velrun

    Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

    mana value :D
  2. Velrun

    General The Duplicate Voucher System

    Thank you :D Let me think about for a few days. This is my initiate Brainstorm Legion Angel Cloudfin Raptor Gravecrawler Monastery Swiftspear Collected Company But give me a few days, please, this is pretty hard. Suggestions are welcome! I am looking for cards that are cubeable alone but get...
  3. Velrun

    Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

    But can’t you have a situation where enemy on the play casts a 2 and 4 drop and you cast a 3 drop and Extinction Event on turn 4?
  4. Velrun

    Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

    Can I get everyone to do two things for me? 1. Tell me if you think this blowout potential is cool or terrifying: Extinction Event 2. Click on this link and hit ‘like’ so when I direct the artist to Riptidelab she will see her alter has many likes? She’s such an awesome person and deserves...
  5. Velrun

    Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

    This card exists in several versions. The original has reminder text and the extended art (Puma) doesn’t. Here is a link to all versions: https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=released&q=%21%22Dream+Devourer%22&unique=prints This means it is possible to run a version with reminder text if...
  6. Velrun

    General The Duplicate Voucher System

    I love it! Except I think it should be balanced across colors to be perfection. Can I pay you or your buddy to make some for me with the 5 cards I want?
  7. Velrun

    General Fight Club

    As always it depends on your format. If I were to rank them without seeing your format: Collective Brutality > Cast Down > Heartless Act > Ultimate Price > Chainer’s Edict > Easy Prey > Go for the Throat > Shriekmaw and Doom Blade > Price of Fame The article by Ondezeeboot explains why...
  8. Velrun

    Article ChannelFireball: Utility Land Draft

    I run two in my cube and my players have had about a 50 % succesrate with it. This makes me wonder if going down to 1 copy will put them at 0 or 100 % succesrate.. I had one in main cube and one in ULD.
  9. Velrun

    General Fight Club

    Yeah those two are definetely upgrades. I just wish we had a good Boros one. We have seen three blocks give us spell lands and still no decent Boros.
  10. Velrun

    General Fight Club

    I could see myself splashing for Lighthouse. I would never dream of splashing for Frostpyre. These two cards are on two different power levels. Both go into the slower control decks.
  11. Velrun

    Article Cross-Appeal in Cube — Recipes to Avoid the Pitfalls of Parasitic Archetypes

    Such a great article!! https://cubecobra.com/content/article/6022ce1c03235a7690cfdfc0 Well done! Also good job Train
  12. Velrun

    General Timespiral Remastered Timeshifts

    I guess I had to write it so here comes: Train, run whatever card in your cube you want :) If you put an argument onto the forum about the reasoning why you're running a certain card, I assume it is because you want someone else to comment on that argument or choice. I am very, very happy that...
  13. Velrun

    General Timespiral Remastered Timeshifts

    I don’t know what to say to that. I ‘bothered him with an argument’ by asking him if he used that logic, shouldn’t he run the Lorwyn Ponder. I feel like that was an honest question. A help. It becomes arguing when both parties (and Onde) go back and forth. Not when one party go back and forth...
  14. Velrun

    General Timespiral Remastered Timeshifts

    You say Ponder is only able to be competitively played in Legacy and Vintage. When I point out that other formats have access to the card, you say that this other format uses the same card pool. Well of course, that’s why I corrected you in the first place!! Commander has been a sanctioned...
  15. Velrun

    General Secret Lair Spoilers

    omg something as ancient as a Dinosaur is played in the ancient formats Legacy and Vintage. It makes perfect sense for Dreadmaw to be run as a black/white card because it is famous for being an old card just like black and white represents ancient history omg
  16. Velrun

    General Secret Lair Spoilers

    Announcing Secret Lair Dreadmaw Okay I’ll stop now
  17. Velrun

    General Timespiral Remastered Timeshifts

    Yes yes more options are always good! Another reason why I love cube format above all other formats. We are not restricted by anything.
  18. Velrun

    General Timespiral Remastered Timeshifts

    Bullshit :) 1. This logic only works if you assume people to have goldfish memory. It was played in Modern. 2. This logic only works if cards (Ponder) never gets unbanned in Modern. 3. This logic only works if Old Frame cards weren't reprinted in new sets with new frames like Brainstorm...
  19. Velrun

    General Secret Lair Spoilers

    Announcing Secret Lair The Office and Secret Lair Tiger King
  20. Velrun

    General Timespiral Remastered Timeshifts

    Train The M15 frame came out with M15 which was released in 2014. Ponder was banned in Modern in september 2011 along with Preordain Public service Based on above logic, shouldn’t you run Ponder in its original card frame, the Modern card frame, which is Lorwyn from 2007?
Top