Card/Deck Affinity support

Hey all,

I found this article on SCG today, and after reading through it, I scrolled to the end to find a visual spoiler of the cube contents. Among other things, he has a lot of support for the Affinity archetype, including all of the following:

...plus all five Mirrodin artifact lands. He also cut nearly all the Disenchant effects. There's even a few really oddball choices.

It seemed like an interesting draft strategy, and after watching a bunch of MD5 draft videos on ChannelFireball, I got to thinking about what it would take to make this happen in my own cube.

Has anyone else ever seen something like this, and if so, how good/fun/viable was it?

CML

Contributor
HAHA man it's good to see some people have even worse ideas than me.

this is poisony as fuck (which other modern deck plays any of the affinity cards?) and cutting all the disenchant effects to support it is nearly as dumb as nerfing removal for a draft format to support mechanics like bestow and soulbond, and who the hell would do that?

other thoughts: ahhhhhh etched champion the original TNN. i bet signal pest could go in some regular decks, though

real-life example of what i'm talking about: utter failure of affinity theme: MMA. that same set gives a pretty decent example of a non-affinity artifact theme, though, which could have been even sweeter had they not wasted slots on arcbound worker and friends