Aggro Synergy Cube by silasw

I started this cube years ago as just a pile of cards I liked to play. I gradually evolved it using a blend of Riptide theory and traditional cube orthodoxy, and I feel like it's in a pretty nice spot.

https://cubecobra.com/cube/list/1ou

Powered: No
Singleton: Yes
Silver-bordered cards: Yes
Conspiracies: Yes
Planeswalkers: Small amount
Avg Mana Curve: Low
Power Level: Medium-high

Main Supported Archetypes
In addition to the basic aggro, midrange and control decks, there are specific incentives for these:

Artifacts - Most support in {W}{U}{R}. Includes Artifact Aggro and Value Welder.

Zombies - {B} with occasional supporting zombies in other colors

Aristocrats/Sacrifice - {B}{R}

Graveyard Abuse {G}{B}

Spellslinger/Prowess - {U}{R} with some additional support in {W}

Minor Archetypes
  • Stax - {W}{B}
  • Twin - {R}{U}
  • +1/+1 Counters - {W}{G} Still working on this one. Probably going to add {U} support.
  • Blink {U}{W}

I haven't drafted that many times since I beefed up the main archetypes, so pretty much everything is still in the testing period. (Except the {U}{R} deck, there's one guy who always drafts that.) There are plenty of individually powerful cards in the cube, so players haven't been going for the archetypes much yet.

Things I want to add:

More support for +1/+1 counters, likely with Hardened Scales, Mikaeus the Lunarch and Hadana's Climb
More interesting stuff for green to do
Anything that tickles my fancy from Modern Horizons; how about a lands-in-graveyard theme?
Possibly a more fleshed out token/go-wide deck, although this may be too hard to pull off alongside +1/+1 counters

Adding proliferate and +1/+1 counter theme:

Out:

In:

Also tweaking to add more go-wide/tokens stuff:

Out:

In:

Big changes! I am probably going to double up on fetchlands soon. Also I took a page out of SirFunchalot's book and tried to lower the overall mana curve of the cube.

In:

Out:

I also shaved down the gold section and swapped out signets for other stuff, in an attempt to help aggro out. I also didn't want to nerf the artifact decks, so I added some artifacts.

In:

Out:

Changes to archetypes:
Lands matter is gone for now. I'm keeping Wrenn and the cycling duals to see how it goes.
+1/+1 counters have been pulled back a bit. I did add Ravager and Animation Module to tie it more strongly to artifacts, but I took out some of the weaker pieces. Hopefully it should be a viable archetype without having to play questionable cards.
Spellslinger should get a big boost since I upped the number of cheap cantrips and burn.
Artifacts hopefully is still good.
Aristocrats is not as much of a distinct archetype anymore. It didn't seem strong enough to dedicate slots.