General Alternate Wins in Fair Cubes

(Select all that apply) What win conditions are NOT OK in a fair cube?

• Burn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mill

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Labman

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Door to Nothingness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kiki Twin

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Tendrils of Agony

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Warp World

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Anything goes!

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
On a sidenote, does somebody have a functioning "Eggs" archetype in their Cube? I would love to be able to play that deck again!
I thought this deck could be functional in some kind of environment where you make sure the eggs are somehow desirable to numerous decks. Maybe the mana is clunky or something. I'm not sure. It turns out there's only ten "eggs", so it doesn't look too likely without singleton break.

There's probably something to be done between Brought Back, Second Sunrise, Cosmic Intervention, and Faith's Reward as mass permanent retrieval as well as quite a few cards that target only one card, often creatures, that died during the turn. Some sort of white sac deck, maybe GW Revolt, possibly with an artifact theme to make the eggs more relevant. If someone wanted to pull it off, I'm sure they could, but it's not going to be the monster that Cifka had.

Laz

Developer
I suspect a better approach is something like Open the Vaults, but the problem is that it reads so bad in an environment in which such an effect is interesting. You need to have a critical mass for it to be a powerful value/combo play, but in such an environment, your opponent is going to be getting a fair bit of value too. Wake the Past exists, but 2 colours and 7 mana just makes it less exciting.

The thing with Kiki-Twin is that you can build a normal deck that just so happens to have a game-winning combo in it. It asks relatively little of you and, in my experience, it just leads to lots of interesting games that suddenly end because someone topdecked the right card.

The thing with Kiki-Twin is that you can build a normal deck that just so happens to have a game-winning combo in it. It asks relatively little of you and, in my experience, it just leads to lots of interesting games that suddenly end because someone topdecked the right card.
yeah, my main gripe with it. You don't need to build special deck support for it. If anything Kiki-Jiki supports a wide range of other strategies via the copying ability (blink strats, on attack triggers, etc).