Site News Announcing the new RiptideLab!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
We are launching a frontpage content site! These changes will roll out over the coming weeks, but for now, feast your eyes on this prototype:
http://moxmoxbalancego.wordpress.com/

RiptideLab and You!
With a new front page, we will need new content. This is where you all come in! RiptideLab will be a community-run site, and we're here to showcase your best thoughts, ideas and contributions.

As we're a dedicated cube site, we have room for much "smaller scale" content than what you would see in a fully-fledged cube article on another site. No 2500 words needed.

Examples of content that could go on the front page:
Archetype Primers (like the great ones Dom and Vibe have been making)
Playsessions / Format Reviews ("We tried out Quilting, here are our thoughts")
Software Spotlights ("Here's Cuesbey and what it can do." "A look at CubeTutor")
Random small ideas (e.g. tomchaps' "New testing idea" thread)
Sophisticated Pack Analysis (e.g. Here were my first 3 picks, and here's my Pack 1 Pick 4. What's my line?)
Spoiler Spotlights
Tournament Draft Reviews
Single-Card Analysis
Opinions
Letters to the Editor
Reviews of other card games (e.g. I plan to do a Netrunner one)
Whatever your imagination desires.

These types of things will be posted on the front page, and linked to the forums for discussion. Think of the scope as anywhere between "polished forum post" and "mini article". If it's interesting and well-written, it's fit to print!

We'll also do a bit of content aggregation. I will continue my writing at CFB, and we can link to my articles or any others you guys recommend through the front page as they are posted.

Having a front page will also allow us to expand marketing efforts, as it's much cleaner to post a blog/article thing on Reddit than to link to a forum post.

Compensation
The joy and satisfaction you feel from contributing to the community!

Maybe down the line we can monetize and pass things on to the contributors, but for now we're just focused on building something great that can become a one-stop shop for all things cube.

Thanks for reading, and as always, we're looking forward to your input for anything we can improve!

VibeBox

Contributor
i'm doin up my primers all purdy like. wat with the capital letters and all. feel free to use them when things are ready to get rolling.

CML

Contributor
yep, feel free to crib anything i've written (that's coherent), and ping me if you want anything else written.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Eric and I were talking about it, and basically you guys are free to make submissions of whatever you think of. We'll set up an email account for that.

The other thing we'll look for is a slight touch up to go from a casual "forumy" tone to something more "websitey". We don't want people to come by and go away with the conclusion that we're peddling low-quality stuff. Of course you will all get attribution too. I'd also be glad to run, say, a content contest for CFB store credit, if you guys are interested.