General Basic land storage and presentation

How do y'all store and present your basic lands? Right now I just have them in the cube box just hanging out there naked in a big stack in WUBRG order, but my players have a tendency to get them all mixed up together. I've been thinking about just getting five color-coded deck boxes for them, but I'm curious what other folks do before I go through with that.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Protip: Shuffle your basic land box. In a draft of 8 people, inevitably what will happen is once the draft is over, someone will grab half the stack, which will be all the plains/islands and half the swamps. They will then ask where the Forests are.

How do y'all store and present your basic lands? Right now I just have them in the cube box just hanging out there naked in a big stack in WUBRG order, but my players have a tendency to get them all mixed up together. I've been thinking about just getting five color-coded deck boxes for them, but I'm curious what other folks do before I go through with that.
This thread might be helpful https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/cube-box-thread.3787/#post-129505

Protip: Shuffle your basic land box. In a draft of 8 people, inevitably what will happen is once the draft is over, someone will grab half the stack, which will be all the plains/islands and half the swamps. They will then ask where the Forests are.

Woooooow

This advice is next level because it’s so simple yet so impactful!

I’ll do that from now on.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I mean, I get what you’re saying and why it’s useful… but… My hairs are standing on end here. You can’t just sow chaos and disarray like that into something so beautiful as a neatly sorted Basic Land Station :oops:

I have a set of these ultra pro boxes with sleeved basics per color. I also bring a gun to each draft and force my players to sort out their basic from their decks after the game under threat of swift execution.
W9kobyJ.jpeg

Chris Taylor

Contributor
"The world doesn't have rules, it has consequences. In a video game, if murder is against the rules, that isn't an action you can take. In real life, nothing can STOP you from doing something, only specify what happens if you do."

Yeah dude, the whole gun thing, you're probably fine. It's not against the rules, just some stuff happens :p

Uff it hurts that this meme had to put the word ‘Commander’ in there to appeal to the most amount of fans/players.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
"The world doesn't have rules, it has consequences. In a video game, if murder is against the rules, that isn't an action you can take. In real life, nothing can STOP you from doing something, only specify what happens if you do."
That’s a hilariously bad take :’) Hey Google, define law! “the system of rules which a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and which it may enforce by the imposition of penalties.” Well waddayaknow!

Thing is, in computer games the rules specify what you can (not) do.
Law is more akin to an order with stipulations that one should follow, if one does not AND GET CAUGHT, then penalties MAY follow.
One can name them both rules, but those rules are not equal. It is always confusing when a word means something different depending on the context.

Also idk why your LGS (Local Gun Store) would ban you for something like this? Is this some European problem???
In Europe, they don't actually want people brandishing their god-given Second Amendment freedom machines (unless you're in Switzerland, where they actually have a stronger and significantly more responsible gun culture than in the United States).