Card/Deck Bloodghast

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I was never that impressed with Bloodghast but after trying out Quadcrawler I've found myself wanting Bloodghast a lot more, including in decks that couldn't/wouldn't want Gravecrawler for lack of Zombies or aggressive tendencies. Some examples of random value Bloodghasts I've had:

- B/u with TfK/FoF and Death Cloud
- a Wildfire/DDreams deck with Looting/Loam
- living the dream with Fastbond/Skullclamp
- making a large, almost unkillable threat with Bonesplitter/Grafted Wargear
- using it with Putrid Imp to get 2 free mana with Nykthos
- Birthing Pod obv

Are there any cards that work well with it that don't work with Gravecrawler?

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Dredgevine with Bloodghast & Vengevine? I suppose this might overlap with the Gravecrawler deck, but I always wanted a self-mill Golgari aggro archetype in my cube. Just don't know what I could really include to make it happen without making the archetype too isolated and poison principle-y.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Just so you guys know, you're no longer allowed to discuss Bloodghast in this thread. This thread is now about terrible "TfK" card names.

CML

Contributor
Oh Jesus, the ONLY powerful thing ZEN-SOM vampires did was Highborn + Bloodghast and, well, it wasn't remotely beatable

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno, my regular practice partner at the time played Vampires and I usually just didn't care about Highborn. It was super beatable.

Thirst for Knowledge? No wait, that's not terrible...

Trawling for Krill?
Trekking from Kansas?

Break out those Innistrad Captains!

Seriously though, he's been used as the sole finisher for that abominable R/B control deck I've been ironing out. It sucked to lose to that deck.

CML

Contributor
I dunno, my regular practice partner at the time played Vampires and I usually just didn't care about Highborn. It was super beatable.

One thing I hated about that format is I noticed I pretty much always beat Vamps (or like Elves / Eldrazi Green) when I had 1 Bolt. Check out this pile though you'll love it

The Tool

(Board)

The deck is a good eight slots off (where the fuck are the Raging Ravines? Some board Swords? TUNNEL IGNUS?) but man was it a blast. Good against Caw too.

CML

Contributor
Since when did you ever peg me?

2.jpg

the stallion that mounts the world. bonus points for beating people with this in THS draft and calling it "pegging" them

CML

Contributor
classical mythology. ironically i couldn't "be arsed" to go to the prerelease so a funny thing happened on the way to the cube forum etc.