Card/Deck Boros Reckoner

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Image.ashx

I am catching some flak from one of my drafters for bringing in Boros Reckoner. What do you guys think?

I think the Reckoner is interesting enough even without Blasphemous act. It should be able to give W/R aggro another great edge.

Now the only real question is whether or not W/R aggro even needs another edge. I like to see it pop up in a draft though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Huh. What was the nature of the complaint? The downsides I can see to this brainy minotaur are that a) he stonewalls aggro really hard, and b) he's not easy to cast, despite his hybrid cost.

I haven't tried him in cube yet, but he seems exciting, so I've got him in there right now, awaiting a test run. If he really beats up on aggro, then maybe I'll reconsider.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
The complaint was just some vague nonsense about it "not having a home" and "not being cube worthy". But this guy just tries to force a multicolor Planeswalker deck every week, so what does he know? :p

CML

Contributor
it's powerful and flexible enough without being too easy to cast or too oppressive against aggro decks, i dunno what the problem is

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Yeah... hmmm. I don't know how you respond to that. Maybe show him how good it is by beating him with a Boros aggro deck, with Reckoner as the centerpiece?

Funny thing is, in a multicolor walker deck, Reckoner isn't half bad at protecting all of his expensive investments.

The only legit complaint I can see is that, as Eric pointed out, he stonewalls aggro and is pretty much a guaranteed 2-for-1 if they even have an answer. I wouldn't mind including it, but I would have my eye on how much it affects RG aggro, the color combination that is softest to the card.

He IS interesting though. I bet he would be really good in midrange/controllish decks that want a powerful defensive card.