Sets [C19] Commander 2019 Previews, Spoilers, Leaks, Leeks, and General Tomfoolery

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
4531482d-9238-40de-957e-61beb5700330.jpg

NICE! This extends the "cast from your graveyard" theme to white, for those trying to craft a Jeskai identity :)

Do you think so? I actually fell in love with it because I'm not so sure about the powerlevel.
I like my RG creatures to have attack triggers instead of etb so your opponent is able to interact with it. It also makes haste enablers more valuable.
If compared to Snapcaster Mage and Goblin Dark-Dwellers I don't find this card to be as strong and you still need work for it to be done while it costs 5 mana. Maybe I'm misevaluating it as Glorybringer is one hell of a strong card, but it's also hasty itself and doesn't need some mana investment to be done (and you also need the cards you want to flashback to be in your gy, and you can't use the same card multiple times).

At first glance, I really, really like the card and am very eager to test it out!

My idea is that it would grant some serious card advantage. Goblin Dark-Dwellers have a higher velocity initially, but being able to cast 2-3 spells out of your graveyard every turn while this thing is alive? And you're beating down with 4 in the air? That's a lot of things happening!

NICE! This extends the "cast from your graveyard" theme to white, for those trying to craft a Jeskai identity :)
For me the biggest deal about this card is that, if it exists, there must be some kind of graveyard support in white in this set. The problem I have with white graveyard strategies are not the payoffs, but the lack of discard-matters spells at all

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
For me the biggest deal about this card is that, if it exists, there must be some kind of graveyard support in white in this set. The problem I have with white graveyard strategies are not the payoffs, but the lack of discard-matters spells at all
White doesn’t really need the discard outlets, it just wants to cast the applicable cards twice. There’s a few really excellent flashback spells in white and w/x pairs, the best of which even makes spirit tokens for the Geistcaller! Besides, any color you will pair white with, assuming you’re going to anchor this theme in more than one color, actually does have decent discard outlets, so any w/x gy matters deck will, in fact, have access to those if needed.

Also, these two are reasonable-ish discard outlets in white:

Also, also, when we’re on the topic of white cards cast from the graveyard, how cool would Cenn’s Enlistment be if it gave the tokens prowess?

Edit: And how cool would a white Gravecrawler (for humans obv) be?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
ohranfrostfang.jpg

I love both of these lines of text in general. I wonder if the body is going to be good, annoying, too small, or all of the above.

selesnyaeulogist.jpg

good body incidental GY hate and a solid mana sink! Even if you're just making 1/1s this is interesting, Jade Mage is no slouch

mandateofpeace.jpg

I know fog is bad, but this is kinda fog by way of time stop

Chris Taylor

Contributor
idolofoblivion.jpg

Ignore that second ability, This is interesting! Any token btw, so clues/treasures work

grevenpredatorcaptain.jpg

Man say what you will about the designs of the new old weatherlight crew, I LOVE the art!

nightmareunmaking.jpg

This is an interesting sweeper! Exiling no less

wildfiredevils.jpg

They choose, but you cast it for free?
I don't know if this is broken