Card/Deck Control Mirror Matches

There's a reason some people used to think Jace, the Mind Sculptor was a bad card; it simply isn't that amazing in every scenario, especially if you're behind. I don't think I've ever seen a Jace actually take over a game in Modern.

Do not mistake this as me saying that Jace, the Mind Sculptor is anything other than an amazingly powerful card. I'm just saying that it's not as good as the Hype might lead one to believe.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, the feeling you and shamizy described, when a card seems to be so "good-stuffy" that it simply breakes the boundaries of being a strictly control finisher, is familiar to me.
I have already thought of trying out Debtor's Knell, but doesn't it rely too much on graveyards to be powerful enough for closing games out? Maybe, when played against a midrange deck, it can bring back some valuable cards, but what about aggro?

I've played Debtor's Knell in my cube in the past, and it's definitely not a "good-stuffy" tool. I've only ever seen it get played in slow, grindy decks, and it's actually very powerful if you can get it to stick without being too much behind on board and life.

I've played Debtor's Knell in my cube in the past, and it's definitely not a "good-stuffy" tool. I've only ever seen it get played in slow, grindy decks, and it's actually very powerful if you can get it to stick without being too much behind on board and life.

Probably, I didn't express my point correctly: I wasn't sure in Debtor's Knell's power; but now I'm definitely going to try it, thank you:)