General Cube Drafting on MODO

Hm... then why not just use Cockatrice or something similar if already using a 3rd party drafter? Saves ~$1000 for the owner at least.
I'm not sure, as I've never used Mtgo, is it THAT much better?

My thread-necromancy practice continues
I've recently came across Xmage as a tool for free cube drafting, and I wonder, are those simulators like Xmage, Cockatrice etc. legal to use? Here's a post on Reddit, that, if I'm not confusing anything, claims it isn't**, as long as you store the card images used in the process.
UPD: but in this case any person who downloads card images for printing some proxies for home play are violating the laws of Skyrim and should pay the court a fine or serve their sentence? :)
UP-UPDATE: An additional septim will be given to a person who tells whether or not it is possible to replace certain images downloaded by Xmage automatically from scryfall by other ones (say, I'd like to play with a promo version of a card)

Attachments

• xmage legality.jpg
    xmage legality.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1

Chris Taylor

Contributor
So there is one thing standing in the way of Xmage, but it's not legality: it's that it sucks.
The draft crashes all the time, and even when we were drafting there, we still did games on cockatrice so we could do discontinuous rounds, rewinds, etc