General Custom Cards: The Lab

The philosophy I agree with!

Also the art is not very good so I see no reason to use that template for a 2/2 creature. Reserve it for the 20/20s :p

hello guys.
What do you think? would it be a good idea to give existing conpsiracies triple agenda in a singleton peasant cube? whould it be op?

Double agenda is already pretty good. And conspiracies in general are pretty strong!

But try it out ans report back how broken/fun-enabling it was?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Haha, yeah, that was me forgetting to change the card type in MTG.design (which had memorized an old enchantment design). Here's the right card type with alternative art :)
edit: Shit, forgot the "with different names" part. One of these days I will put up the right version, I swear!
edit edit: There it is! I did it! ;')

Prismatic Exploration.jpg

Also, I stole someone's design from the MTG Cube Brainstorming Discord channel (and turned it white, edit edit: and legendary):

Rovin Border Scout.jpg

I love this! I wish white got more card advantage options like this!

Edit edit: This is probably replacing Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, which is a sweet card, but conflicts with the spells matter and token go wide themes in white. Hilariously, Goblin Guide is a scout. That's a pretty good curve :cool:

I very much prefer the new artwork for Prismatic Exploration. Now it actually looks like it can fetch a Swamp and/or Mountain where before it could only find Plains, Island and/or Forest.

I agree with the "More card advantage in white"-statement. I also think white should get more scry although they do get some. I do not think it needs to give the ability to your other Scouts. 90 % of the time you will be attacking with Rovin if you are attacking with a Scout. Right?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I very much prefer the new artwork for Prismatic Exploration. Now it actually looks like it can fetch a Swamp and/or Mountain where before it could only find Plains, Island and/or Forest.

I agree with the "More card advantage in white"-statement. I also think white should get more scry although they do get some. I do not think it needs to give the ability to your other Scouts. 90 % of the time you will be attacking with Rovin if you are attacking with a Scout. Right?

I guess, yes. It just ended up this way because the original idea triggered on attacking with one or more advisor eye creatures :D

I do like the incidental tribal support though. It's a fun way to make my 3 cmc Cogwork Librarians with changeling more relevant ;)

I guess, yes. It just ended up this way because the original idea triggered on attacking with one or more advisor eye creatures :D

I do like the incidental tribal support though. It's a fun way to make my 3 cmc Cogwork Librarians with changeling more relevant ;)

How is it more relevant?

Will you ever not attack with your 2 drop 2/1 with first strike when you are attacking with your 3/3?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
How is it more relevant?

Will you ever not attack with your 2 drop 2/1 with first strike when you are attacking with your 3/3?

If the 3/3 will trade or live, but the 2/1 will die, yes. All it takes is a 2/3 on the opponent's side of the board for it to be relevant :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Reporting back that both Prismatic Exploration and Rovin, Border Scout are testing well!

I'm also wondering whether moving blue cantrips to white (or putting them in both colors) could be a solution for white's card flow problem. You could easily reflavor those effects as scouting or a supply-line thing, which are both things white can (and would) do from a color identity perspective. Keep Divination in blue, move Ponder to white. I would love that!

Ah yes Pichoro was the go-to guy for many years.

However Cajun has picked up the work. I believe this was 5 years ago?

https://magicseteditor.boards.net/thread/77/cajun-style-templates-tokens-bugfixes?page=1

On the last page (page 14) you can see me asking for the supersized templates. Like the ones that Wizards printed for Planechase, Archenemy and for the Commander decks where the Commander was a double-sized card.

The help you’ve linked is far beyond my skills :p I know how to install a MSE template and that’s it!! :p Remember I needed your help with those Saga chapters?

Oooooooh
Aaaaaaaaaah

I see. If I can find someone who can do a higher resolution than the regular MSE print then I can print my already created cards in 200 % and still get a good quality?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Oooooooh
Aaaaaaaaaah

I see. If I can find someone who can do a higher resolution than the regular MSE print then I can print my already created cards in 200 % and still get a good quality?

Well, you're not going to get a high resolution print out of MSE, because it compresses the artwork, so I think you would have to use another way to print those cards. I only use MSE so I think I can't really help you beyond this point :(