General Dominaria United Stream July 21'st

Dominaria United stream coming up on July 21'st at 2:30 PM (I believe we're talking Seattle timezone)

Dominaria United.jpg

So that's
5:30 PM on the East coast
10:30 PM in United Kingdom
11:30 PM in Europe

If we have any Asian or Australian Riptiders, let me know for future threads like this one :)

Last edited:
Stream schedule is confirmed. The time is correct.

The stream should only last 1 hour so it probably doesn’t have much information. Sometimes they do an after hours stream with more spoiled content and a lot more talk about what we just saw. This is the good part. Not sure if it’s here this time around.

Maybe in America. In Europe football clubs usually don't have silly names.

Real Madrid CF (the CF stands for 'club de futbol').
FC Barcelona (the FC stands for 'football club')
FC Bayern Munich
Dortmund
Juventus
AC Milan
Arsenal
Manchester City
Atlético de Madrid
Paris Saint Gemain

There is one exception though: Manchester United. Don't know why they have such a name.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We're getting more kicker cards.

Thanks, WotC.

You might have to help me interpret this. Is this a "kicker was a mistake" and/or "everything is kicker" cultural reference?

I like to see more cards with recurring old mechanics like kicker, cycling, and flashback. I hope we get a couple of simple, elegant kicker cards that can go into some cubes.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

FC Bayern Munich
Dortmund
Juventus
AC Milan
Arsenal
Manchester City
Atlético de Madrid
Paris Saint Gemain

There is one exception though: Manchester United. Don't know why they have such a name.
The total disrespect shown to Newcastle.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

FC Bayern Munich
Dortmund
Juventus
AC Milan
Arsenal
Manchester City
Atlético de Madrid
Paris Saint Gemain

This made me laugh, because in the Netherlands we have...

AFC Ajax (typically shortened to just Ajax) from Amsterdam (AFC stands for Amsterdam Football Club)
PSV Eindhoven (typically shortened to just PSV) from Eindhoven (PSV stands for Philips Sport Vereniging, literally "Philips Sports Club")
Go Ahead Eagles from Deventer
De Graafschap from Doetinchem (this literally means The County, "Graafschap" being the name of the local region Doetinchem lies in)
Willem II from Tilburg (named after the second Dutch king)
PEC Zwolle (typically shortened to just PEC) from Zwolle (PEC stands for Prins Hendrik Ende Desespereert Nimmer Combinatie, literally "Prince Hendrik And Despair Never Combination" (but it's archaic Dutch))

And that's just cherry-picking a few :')

In Europe football clubs usually don't have silly names.
Some British clubs do have some pretty odd names. Tottenham Hotspur takes the second part of their names from Sir Harry ”Hotspur” Percy, a 14th century nobleman and character in Shakespeare’s Henry IV, part I. Then there’s Partick Thistle (or Partick Thistle Nil, for the club’s full name according to Billy Connolly).

Queen’s Park Rangers are a club from an area of London of the same name, and I have heard that the Rangers part referred to them not having a fixed ground. I always picture a group of woodsmen, dressed in green and carrying bows like Robin Hood’s merry men. Could have been a green card in Throne of Eldraine. Also Glasgow Rangers.

Leyton Orient was suggested by a player who worked for the Orient Shipping Line.

It’s an oddity when clubs have silly additional names like Hotspur and United. Having AFC in the name is perfectly fair for a club that is FC’ing all over the place :) In Europe we also laugh at the clubs with animals in their names like Hotspurs for instance.

You might have to help me interpret this. Is this a "kicker was a mistake" and/or "everything is kicker" cultural reference?

I like to see more cards with recurring old mechanics like kicker, cycling, and flashback. I hope we get a couple of simple, elegant kicker cards that can go into some cubes.
I have a cube that's very heavy on kicker cards, because they help fill in the gaps in the curve left by my MV restrictions.

So I hope we get some more mono-colored kicker cards, and not just shard ones.