4. (Onderzeeboot)
5. Zoss
6. Silas
7. Dom Harvey
8. Pillow

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah yeah, and I haven't started coding the chaos draft stuff. currently waiting on a long card data scrape from Gatherer.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I've subset the scryfall set to all core and expansion sets in English that are printed on MTGO, and removed a couple. Would any of the following be problematic to draft, for any reason?

Code:
> sort(unique(pref$set_name))
 [1] "Aether Revolt"             "Alara Reborn"              "Amonkhet"                  "Apocalypse"                "Avacyn Restored"           "Battle for Zendikar"      
 [7] "Betrayers of Kamigawa"     "Born of the Gods"          "Champions of Kamigawa"     "Coldsnap"                  "Conflux"                   "Core Set 2019"            
[13] "Core Set 2020"             "Core Set 2021"             "Dark Ascension"            "Darksteel"                 "Dissension"                "Dominaria"                
[19] "Dragon's Maze"             "Dragons of Tarkir"         "Eighth Edition"            "Eldritch Moon"             "Eventide"                  "Exodus"                   
[25] "Fate Reforged"             "Fifth Dawn"                "Future Sight"              "Gatecrash"                 "Guildpact"                 "Guilds of Ravnica"        
[31] "Hour of Devastation"       "Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths" "Innistrad"                 "Invasion"                  "Ixalan"                    "Journey into Nyx"         
[37] "Judgment"                  "Kaladesh"                  "Kaldheim"                  "Khans of Tarkir"           "Legions"                   "Lorwyn"                   
[43] "Magic 2010"                "Magic 2011"                "Magic 2012"                "Magic 2013"                "Magic 2014"                "Magic 2015"               
[49] "Magic Origins"             "Mercadian Masques"         "Mirage"                    "Mirrodin"                  "Mirrodin Besieged"         "Morningtide"              
[55] "Nemesis"                   "New Phyrexia"              "Ninth Edition"             "Oath of the Gatewatch"     "Odyssey"                   "Onslaught"                
[61] "Planar Chaos"              "Planeshift"                "Prophecy"                  "Ravnica Allegiance"        "Ravnica: City of Guilds"   "Return to Ravnica"        
[67] "Rise of the Eldrazi"       "Rivals of Ixalan"          "Saviors of Kamigawa"       "Scars of Mirrodin"         "Scourge"                   "Seventh Edition"          
[73] "Shadowmoor"                "Shadows over Innistrad"    "Shards of Alara"           "Stronghold"                "Tempest"                   "Tenth Edition"            
[79] "Theros"                    "Theros Beyond Death"       "Throne of Eldraine"        "Time Spiral"               "Time Spiral Timeshifted"   "Torment"                  
[85] "Urza's Destiny"            "Urza's Legacy"             "Urza's Saga"               "Visions"                   "War of the Spark"          "Weatherlight"             
[91] "Worldwake"                 "Zendikar"                  "Zendikar Rising"

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I would personally remove the following from that list:
  • Seventh Edition
  • Eight Edition
  • Ninth Edition
  • Tenth Edition
  • Time Spiral Timeshifted
The core sets pre M10 aren't that interesting, honestly, and definitely not what I want to be opening when doing a chaos draft.
Time Spiral Timeshifted isn't an actual set.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
8p Rectangle Draft

Sets: Aether Revolt, Born of the Gods, Ixalan, Nemesis, Coldsnap

Sets: Ninth Edition, Alara Reborn, War of the Spark, Exodus, Mirrodin

Sets: Betrayers of Kamigawa, Khans of Tarkir, Fate Reforged, Guilds of Ravnica, Core Set 2021

Sets: Prophecy, Scars of Mirrodin, Morningtide, Worldwake, Magic 2011

Sets: Dragon's Maze, Tenth Edition, Stronghold, Theros Beyond Death, Battle for Zendikar

Sets: Urza's Destiny, Zendikar, Shadows over Innistrad, Fifth Dawn, Theros

Sets: Eventide, Mercadian Masques, Planar Chaos, Magic 2015, Magic 2012

Sets: Dissension, Weatherlight, Ravnica Allegiance, Saviors of Kamigawa, Eighth Edition

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I audibly guffawed when I opened this one:

Sets: Rise of the Eldrazi, Fate Reforged, Worldwake, Theros Beyond Death, Magic Origins

Hello, I'm a friend of James and still a bit of a beginner at MTG (though I have a few drafts under my belt).

I'd love to join if you've got a spare spot

Jason just told me too! Thanks for the heads-up, though--somehow I always forget that that board exists, even when I keep signing up for these things.