General Eldrazi Domain CubeTutor decks

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the list everybody: http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/62313

I kind of phoned it in for the last 10 picks or so.

Any feedback on the following would be great:
- what cards seem too powerful
- if you tried to put together an archetype and it didn't really seem to be working, what was missing?
- any cool replacement cards I could use? new ways to go deep? cute format-specific cards I've inevitably overlooked

If you can post draft decks here (there's a CT export), I will build some of them on MODO for streamed Gauntlet testing. Thanks!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
My original list accidentally had some unintended duplicates. So I took them out. The 539 also lets the mind imagine that there are limitless cards you could add.

James, any comments as to how to improve the design?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Was thinking of increasing Elemental density. Thoughts on any of these?

Tuktuk is part of a bonus question. Does he fit this cube? I kind of think there should be more cards that want to be sacrificed.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Tried to force elementals, saw basically none, ended up multicolor aggro

Multicolor aggro from CubeTutor.com

Yeah, can we have a list of the themes in this cube? I just feel like elementals and swamps-matter are weak. We can probably find some cool themes that fit better in their place.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Ok, saw your post. Yeah, either more elementals or none at all.

Tuktuk - would be cool. Why not run the zombie deck in this cube? It likes sacking things, and it has a little play with +1/+1 counters. I understand if you want to keep it different from your main cube, but maybe it would make sense for the contest submission.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Okay...
Eldrazi Spawn Tokens
Death Matters (morbid)
Domain / Converge
Big Ramp
Populate (minor)
Proliferate (also +1/+1 counters matter)
Elementals
Swamps-matter ramp (super minor)
Multicolor matters aggro (could maybe use more incentive cards? or are the blades their own incentive?)
X-Spells (just Rosheen, super duper minor)
Top of library (relatively minor)
Blue "reward for connecting" evasive beats (somewhat minor)
Attacking matters (raid)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, saw your post. Yeah, either more elementals or none at all.

Tuktuk - would be cool. Why not run the zombie deck in this cube? It likes sacking things, and it has a little play with +1/+1 counters. I understand if you want to keep it different from your main cube, but maybe it would make sense for the contest submission.

Suggested zombies?

Also don't want to overload on tribal here. Ideally want the sac theme to be mechanically motivated.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
So far my gripe with it is I'm not sure what "the elemental deck" is supposed to do. The cards are a mix of different strategies. If you ran a whole bunch of smokebraiders, then maybe it comes together as a really fun multicolor midrange deck.

Also, is Birthing Pod not amazing for this cube?

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Could be. Sell me on it. :)

You sac guys, triggering morbid. You get to cheat creatures into play, including wacky fatties and eldrazi. It opens up more graveyard interaction and I think that there should be more in this cube. More graveyard recursion would fit great with your sacrifice themes and birthing pod. Cut your swamps-matter theme and put some graveyard cards. Also, delve creatures would be great if you're trying to birthing pod into unfair curves, so chuck some of them in. Aaaaand then it starts making sense to have some self mill, which goes with the graveyard cards you've already decided I was right about running.

So far my gripe with it is I'm not sure what "the elemental deck" is supposed to do. The cards are a mix of different strategies. If you ran a whole bunch of smokebraiders, then maybe it comes together as a really fun multicolor midrange deck.

Also, is Birthing Pod not amazing for this cube?

I agree with elementals being unfocused. As for birthing pod, it feels like and easy "lazy" include. People like it and the card can be shoved into any green midrange shell. The opportunity cost is 1 slot. Sometimes it won't do anything, but the fun ceiling seems pretty high.