General Emotional Spikes in Cube Design

Imo, James' idea is the best. Both halves of the card are right there for viewing on the indicator card, and then have the dual face cards in clear sleeves in the SB. With this technique there is no unsleeving, no flipping around. All the info is right there, and the real DFC can be acquired later, during gameplay. I'm very strongly tempted to utilize this technique, especially since I do cater to newer players.

I'd be interested in it too, the only issue is that I have 0 talent at making proxies lol.

Every time double faced cards come up, I have to point out that there are sensible ways to do them. For mine, I made custom kamigawa-style flip cards so that all the text can be read during the draft. This card is put in the deck, and acts exactly like those place holder cards they printed. The actual double faced card is in clear sleeves, and kept in the sideboard. When you play the placeholder card, you just take the normal one out from your sideboard and put it into play. No need to desleeve anything, and all the text is readable during the draft and while in hand.

Since we are in the right thread, I have to point out that drafting a proxy is not the same thing to me emotionally as drafting the real card. Stupid? Yes. But we are partly emotional and partly rational beings.

Mechanically, this is the best approach I can think of. In some reddit thread I can't find, some nice proxies were posted for the DFC walkers using the Kamigawa flip card template.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Just put the checklist cards in the Cube, have the flip-walkers themselves in the middle of the table (with the other Werewolves or w/e) where anyone can read them

Here's an interesting exercise: rank these by how frustrating they are to play against/how satisfying they are to execute:
- topdeck Wrath of God
- Miracle Terminus
- Mystical Tutor/Brainstorm -> Terminus

I strongly dislike checklist cards, they are hard to spot, sort and feel like (are?) lazy proxies. Except they are official.

I like the altered kinda checklist cards, for instance:
tumblr_inline_nyukkt8Wrz1rc6az2_540.jpg

Aoret

Developer
I hate emotional spikes. We had this one FNM regular back when I was in college. He'd regularly throw tantrums if he drew poorly. He'd snap borrowed cards down hard on the table, be generally rude to his opponents, and was often heard to say "I just wanna play my fucking deck!"

Dude was the worst

Just put the checklist cards in the Cube, have the flip-walkers themselves in the middle of the table (with the other Werewolves or w/e) where anyone can read them

Here's an interesting exercise: rank these by how frustrating they are to play against/how satisfying they are to execute:
- topdeck Wrath of God
- Miracle Terminus
- Mystical Tutor/Brainstorm -> Terminus

Frustrating to play against:

-Miracle Terminus

-the other two

Using checklists is just worse than using the actual DFCs, because now you can't even read the front face without telling the whole table about it. Draft proxies with the flip card template are a good idea, I might try that at some point.