General Fair Entomb

Sun's Nemesis is the only Elspeth that's ever cracked my list, and I'm lukewarm over it in my graveyard cube tbh. I think it's a pretty fair card, White just has so many options for putting bodies on the ground now that it feels a bit nonessential to me. I stress that this is all in theory. It will likely stay in my list until I can actually get some reps to test these assumptions. I don't play online, and I'm still a ways away from hosting a cube night.

I have long thought about doubling up on vengevine and if you think your envionrment can handle it, go for it
but it did destroy legacy back in the day, they had to ban survival
Vengevine's going to be a lot fairer (even with Survival) when you don't have at least two Basking Rootwalla to fetch, though. Not saying that it isn't going to be too powerful for some environments, but the real culprit in Legacy was Survival, and even then you had to have the enabler to go off at a reasonable price.

Vengevine has been always been a fair to underwhelming card in cube for me. It's hard to imagine two being that overpowered

Yes, I have a pretty low power level here and vengevine is still totally fine. It feels pretty brutal when you can get it back for free early, but it's not that common actually, when you just spend your mana every turn. I mean, you need to get it in the bin and then play two creatures in one turn, that's quite a task in a singleton environment. And when you do it turn 8 of a Gravedigger, it doesn't feel brutal anymore, it's just nice value.

All that being said, a 4/3 haste for four is just the right baseline. I love this card.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I love one, let me be clear (Aint my profile picuture for JUST the art), but I was nervous about 8 damage out of nowhere
Maybe it's custom card interactions that are making me nervous