General Flickery (Not Featuring J. Scott)

Depends on your 4-drop targets I'd say, and on the speed of your meta. If it has enough impact the turn it lands, Closet could be fine as a tempo curvetop

Depends on your 4-drop targets I'd say, and on the speed of your meta. If it has enough impact the turn it lands, Closet could be fine as a tempo curvetop

My flicker section seems to be quite narrow overall, so this card is probably only for GW midrange flicker. It might not shine anywhere else: there's no deck, except the one I mentioned above, that will be interested in casting it on turn 5. In general, I think I should work on this archetype more.

The upside of Shard/Portal is, that they're much less narrow, cause they can bounce opposing creatures and also save your creatures from dying in response to combat or removal. Closet is only good, when you really support the archetype with many targets.

The upside of Share Portal is, that they're much less narrow, cause they can bounce opposing creatures and also save your creatures from dying in response to combat or removal. Closet is only good, when you really support the archetype with many targets.

I think, I'd rather expand the ETB pool of creatures, because I feel flicker now has poor support in my environment. And Portal isn't a Modern era card, so, it doesn't fit into the key design principle of our cube. Probably, you could say that it's a not reasonable desicion, but we decided to go this way)
And how to expand the archetype is another matter... Didn't you have the same problem with amount of ETB effects?