I predicted they would make a card named "Sick Burn" in this set, but they missed their shot.
Anyone with Empower Jace first impressions from the prerelease? Seems like it had a ton of potential as a smoothing mechanic.

I saw that and I think I Discorded it to Onder. Didn't realize it was you. Hell of a Mind Stone. The text box is really nice.It plays out even better than I expected. I think @Tavahka covered it well: it feels very skill-testing, fair, and satisfying. It gets even more interesting with things like Way of the Pyromancer's +1 ability and I imagine there's some fun things to do with it in Cube like proliferate.
I made this image and it got a lot of feedback on Twitter and multiple Reddits, and I do really think it was helpful for me to think of it:
View attachment 11549
Surveil is just...really good. Like the LR guys have said, if a scry is worth half a card, a surveil is worth like 2/3 of a card, especially in graveyard-centric environments (like this limited set...or my Cube!)
I'm only running 4 cards with it now (see below) but I'd be eager to figure out more.
![]()