GBS

seeing the frontpage too many cooks reminded me I made this for my weird macro art forum.too many cooks v 1.1.png
Before you bitch me out I changed the font and layout because I tried several versions to make the original work without ruining a face or the composition but this one was the cutest. And just look how cute Zawahiri looks peeking out under the Many.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
He's adorable and I clearly don't know what's going on in the world. What I do know is that a lot of people in the states talked about ISIS when I was there. The ol' media fear machine is grinding away.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Well... Rightfully so I would say. They are pretty much the antithesis of western society.

Also, ISIS itself is the greatest fearmonger, what with their recorded beheadings.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Jason visited me for a few nights. It was baller and for a few days after I was just trying to make jokes constantly. Didn't know he was so serious about stand up! Jason you should post more videos of you.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I reread Jason's "This is Where I Leave You" review, and it reminded me, by virtue of reviewing several things at once, of this:

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
riptidelab.com/utilitylanddraft now does things! All kinds of things! Pick cards! Unpick cards! Watch cards disappear inexplicably! Consume networks with your incessant gets and posts! It's as buggy as MTGO!

Jump on and let me know what weird things you observe. The weirder the better, then we can convince the admins to move us over a different host.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/27/intl_opinion/cumberbatch-asante/index.html

Words can't even begin to describe how... messed up this is. How is a European guy supposed to know "colored people" is insulting, but "people of color" is ok? I can't honestly tell the difference between those two terms. To me it sounds like: "Holy crap sir! Did you just say 'a red cake'? Don't you know that's insulting? You should say 'a cake that is red' nowadays!" And all the while people are completely missing his point, which is actually a good and honest point.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/27/intl_opinion/cumberbatch-asante/index.html

Words can't even begin to describe how... messed up this is. How is a European guy supposed to know "colored people" is insulting, but "people of color" is ok? I can't honestly tell the difference between those two terms. To me it sounds like: "Holy crap sir! Did you just say 'a red cake'? Don't you know that's insulting? You should say 'a cake that is red' nowadays!" And all the while people are completely missing his point, which is actually a good and honest point.

I'm wondering. Did I sound like an ignorant European there?

How is a European guy supposed to know "colored people" is insulting, but "people of color" is ok?
As a european, I don't think there's a way you could know that, historically, "colored people" was a term used heavily during the segregation days. It has bad blood. Take away that history, and then it would sound fine - because as long as you're calling folks people, you're generally doing well. (In other words, the general rule is to call someone a person - black person, gay person, blonde person, short person. Don't use the adjective as their entire identity: "This country is going down the toilet due to the blacks, gays, and shorties!")

So yes, your confusion makes sense.