GBS

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
sure, that probably works

Heh, I only have paint where I am now, pretty sure that's not sufficient. At home I have paint.net, but I'm not really proficient in shopping up images, sorry. If it'ld be for fun I'm sure I would have been able to cook something up, but since it's for your research it's probably better to ask a more proficient person :D

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Like any of us play Magic.

Hey, between Christmas and New Year's Eve is one of the few times each year I actually do get to play Magic! Got an EMA 2 and a cube (not mine) 8-man lined up for next Friday :D

Also, I need to get on top of the Steam winter sales ASAP!

It seems to me that it won't be a once-in-a-decade occurrence for long. Between the aggressive standard bans (that the last two times happened for legendarily powerful standard decks) and the move toward more frequent B&R announcements, they must be planning on growing the role of bans in their plans to maintain healthy constructed environments.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
It seems to me that it won't be a once-in-a-decade occurrence for long.
Which begs the question, why invest in standard when your deck might become unplayable and your cards might become worthless overnight? People who bought into the marvel deck last week are going to be pretty pissed.

Note: The banning look sensible to me on paper at least, but that doesn't change the above.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I talked to lucas about the bannings briefly while we were drafting and his response was mostly that banning smuggler's copter "made people less able to play fun magic"
I think he's referring to the draw fixing power caused by a cheap, colorless source of looting that people have a hard time removing in an effort to make your draw shittier, and I imagine he's somewhat underplaying it's role as an attacking piece. In that light it seems to be doing what a lot of us are trying to cultivate in our cubes: More live draws for everyone (Not just blue) and an emphasis on creatures. You might compare it to what cycling can do to a limited format (if you wanted to jump to conclusions and be pithy)

no comment on emrakul or reflector mage though, and if you take the B&R article at face value (Probably not the best idea) half the reason they banned specifically reflector mage was people's residual hate for the card from the collected company days.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
The spambots are getting smarter. They figured out we are a French poetry forum.
uapLslb.png

(Spam poetry? Geddit?)

I guess this is the best place to ask: how can I put a link in a text? The same as with cards, but it's an url instead, for example to put a link to cubetutor in the signature. Thank you very much.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Was watching GP Prague. That game 1 between Calcano and PVDDR o_O

I would have lost that game were I in PVDDR's place, without even knowing I could have won the game. Great game!