GBS

Time is a tool you can put on your wall, or wear it on your rizt.
The past is far behind us, the future doesn't exist.
What's the time? Its quarter to nine, time to have a bath.
What do you mean, we're already clean? Scrub scrub scrub till the water's brown.
Time is a tool used to measure the day, it only goes forward, only one way,
Watch it go round like a merry-go-round, going so fast like a merry go round.

I've used this while protoring an exam.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
It's marked as secure in my Chrome, but there's a warning that the site is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Yeah, a related issue is the card tags are broken. I'm trying to figure it out. Anybody who knows how xenforo works, let me know.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Ok, got that, so those work again.
However, all the images on the front page are broken. One reason for this is that gatherer doesn't have ssl and our card image plugin uses it for its pictures.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Ok I reverted the wordpress plugin that had broken the frontpage images. So they are back.

The upshot is: We have ssl, which means when you go to riptidelab, you can be sure you are visiting the right website, and not some clever scam. Logging in should be fine, and private messages are most likely totally secure.

However, most of the external card image stuff is coming from gatherer, which does not have ssl. Therefore, any page with card images won't get the green padlock. The idea is, your computer can't verify that it is actually the image you asked for. It could be that some clever hacker is replacing that image to lure you into his nefarious trap. But I can't think how that would work.

Please let me know if there are more problems!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
moving to Toronto in mid-September if all goes well! if you know any cool people in Toronto, put me in touch (/if you are a cool person in Toronto, let me Cube with you)
Dom! Whereabouts? (like east end, west end, north, etc)

You've cubed with me before, hopefully it wasn't too horrible :p

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I've lived in the west end basically my whole life, and I wasn't paying rent at any point, so that might change things, but it was nice.

Basically so long as you're kinda near the subway line, you can get damn near anywhere.

I will mention the best brick and mortar card shop (Face to Face Games) is in the east end.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
It's the fact that its BAB only -_-

It's ironic, I was just listening to MaRo's podcast about "20 things that would kill magic", and Nalathni Dragon (A con promo) was supposedly one of them. They were saved because it was really low power, and I guess that lead to them trying again. I guess strictly better beacon of tomorrows over here doesn't really count as low power?

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Everything about the situation is so absurd and unnecessary. It's a historically powerful effect that's unique in the format and turned out to be incredibly strong in it (the Bant TurboFog decks had a 70+% win rate at the PT, which terrors like CawBlade only wish they could have had). There are no non-foil copies so they had to use proxies on camera at the PT! Part of me hopes it spikes further so all the copies I speculated on (for once) will rise, part of me hopes they ban it or nuke it from orbit so we can pretend this never happened

Headed up to Seattle for a long weekend between 11/7 - 11/11 later this year. Any recommendations? Also, anyone in the area want to grab a beer and/or play children's card games?