GP Utrecht?

Hey guys, long time since I haven't even logged in here! I've been living in Denmark and have been away from Magic for the last two years, though I noticed that GP Utrecht is not that far away from here and its right around the time of my birthday, so was thinking about the possibility of flying over for a week or so, and maybe participating in the event (I mean, it's Modern Masters sealed, we can't get any closer to cube anyways).

Are the other europeans/european residents from this forum thinking about going as well? If so, we could try arrange a cube day or something! (not my cube, though, left it in Brazil, unfortunatelly :( )

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I could drop by potentially. What are the dates?

James, CML and I went to PT Brussels, and it was fairly depressing. I would expect a GP to be more lively though.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I debated whether I should go, but I can't really justify spending a few hundred quid on Magic when I'm saving up for new window frames. (Or: I'ld rather spend my money on my cube and over time instead of all in one weekend I guess)

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Hey guys, long time since I haven't even logged in here! I've been living in Denmark and have been away from Magic for the last two years, though I noticed that GP Utrecht is not that far away from here and its right around the time of my birthday, so was thinking about the possibility of flying over for a week or so, and maybe participating in the event (I mean, it's Modern Masters sealed, we can't get any closer to cube anyways).

Are the other europeans/european residents from this forum thinking about going as well? If so, we could try arrange a cube day or something! (not my cube, though, left it in Brazil, unfortunatelly :( )

YOU ARE ALIVE!!!!

Not that we had a debate on this forum as to whether you'd died, or anything like that...

YOU ARE ALIVE!!!!

Not that we had a debate on this forum as to whether you'd died, or anything like that...

hahahah... I actually came back around a couple of times during these years to lurk on you guys, especially during the Conspiracy release. Though I've had no time or money to invest on Magic, so yeah.

On the event, it seems like there are at least 2300 people registered (http://tournamentcenter.eu/registration-rewards), so I'm not sure if it can even be a bad event. Everyone wants their Tarmogoyfs, I guess. Worst case scenario, we could go around Utrecht and Amsterdam to get a beer or two.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Wait a sec, it's €70 to play in the GP? What the hell? Oh of course it's modern masters! Hah! Ok I'm out.
Yeah, that was what I thought. Problem with the first Modern Masters was that there weren't even that many cards I wanted for my cube. Most of the real spikey cards are either poisonous or OP in an unpowered cube like mine. Swords? No thanks. Affinity? Uh... No. Storm? What? GTFO! The list goes on. The cards I do want typically end up cheaper anyway. Hello Keiga! Welcome Tombstalker!

Tarmogoyf would be a nice pull though...

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Huh. Well, I'm working till 4 and I've got a non-magic friend (a niggle?) staying with me. Might come by though. Are you a Londoner?

Even though I'm in California, can I come, too? Assuming I can acquire the funds and time off, I'd much rather play Magic with anyone but the people out here.

Nothing but sub-par grinders and EDH players. Can't find a Cube group to save my life.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Sure! You can crash on my couch any time.

Re: "niggle": woops. Stupid smart phone I found in a river. I'm used to old Nokia bricks.

CML

Contributor
I can confirm James's house is super-nice, as are his mom and sister. Even the Italian grad student is kinda docile