Graveyard Combo Cube Rectangle Instructions

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
1) Everyone make a thread for your drafting. The first post should have a spoiler for your drafted cards, and a spoiler for your opening rectangle (found below). The file with the rectangles is in the next post.
2) No peaking. Peaking is a huge advantage in this format, so please avoid looking at anything other than the rectangle you are currently drafting. If there are two rectangles sitting waiting for you, only look at the first one.
3) New: Signalling. I wrote code to ensure that there is at least 1 card per basic color identity (W, U, B, R, G) per pack. You can use this to kind of deduce some stuff about your packs.
4) After you make your picks, pass the rectangle on to the next thread. A passes to B, B to C, etc.

A) @Kirblinx
B) @TrainmasterGT
C) @James Stevenson
D) @inscho
E) @sigh
F) @Zoss
G) @Modin
H) @japahn

Attachments

• riptideRectangleInscho.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 11
a spoiler for your opening rectangle (found below). The file with the rectangles is in the next post.

Hey sorry I have a quick question, because I'm only just now looking at the draft rules. These two sentences are confusing me. Should I open the .txt file to find out my starting rectangle or will there be additional posts forthcoming with everyone's starting rectangles?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Hey sorry I have a quick question, because I'm only just now looking at the draft rules. These two sentences are confusing me. Should I open the .txt file to find out my starting rectangle or will there be additional posts forthcoming with everyone's starting rectangles?
All of the rectangles are in one file. You can ctrl+F to find your seat and copy the rectangles into your own thread. Pro-tip, don't look at the other rectangles ;)

Here is my deck. There is a text version below the picture version.
Land:

Noncreature:

Creature:

Unused:

Text List
1 Godless Shrine
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Ketria Triome
1 Raugrin Triome
1 Polluted Delta
1 Blood Crypt
1 Flooded Strand
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Lonely Sandbar
4 Island
2 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Mountain
1 Drake Haven
1 Neutralize
1 Remand
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Censor
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Boon of the Wish-Giver
1 Migratory Route
1 Cleansing Nova
1 Deep Analysis
1 Sevinne's Reclamation
1 Careful Study
1 Grave Upheaval
1 Memory Lapse
1 Ob Nixilis's Cruelty
1 Hieroglyphic Illumination
1 Ashiok, Dream Render
1 Tectonic Reformation
1 Zombie Infestation
1 Merfolk Looter
1 Waker of Waves
1 Phoenix of Ash
1 Waterfront Bouncer

Unused:
1 Mentor of the Meek
1 Anger
1 Altar of Dementia
1 Hallowed Spiritkeeper
1 Thraben Inspector
1 Ransack the Lab
1 Mayhem Devil
1 Commit // Memory
1 Skaab Ruinator
1 Archaeomancer
1 Thought Scour
1 Ghostly Pilferer
1 Edge of Autumn

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I enjoyed this so much. I really had trouble cutting, there's just so many combos! So I'm playing 43 cards.

(By the way Jason, fwiw it's already on the RiptideLab account)

Attachments

• Graveyard combo James.txt
    817 bytes · Views: 2
Phew, tough cuts. I think there's a less cute build that's possibly better, but I built it the way I would want to pilot it.

Interesting to see James' pool since he was passing to me. I definitely saw some cards dry up, but it didn't hurt my game plan too much....I just had to get a little more creative.

The rectangle format was a lot of fun.

Thanks again for featuring my cube, and thanks to everyone for drafting. Looking forward to seeing how the games play out!

Attachments

• Inscho_GCC.txt
    904 bytes · Views: 3
Reactions: dbs

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Mine was done a while ago in my thread, but thought I would put it here for completeness.
Deck also changed a little bit, I forgot about my second last pack...

THE DECK:

SIDEBOARD

Attachments

• GYCCKirb.txt
    940 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited:
Could've used more fixing, but besides that a really neat aggro? deck. I could side in a reanimation package if the current build isn't quite hitting right.

Sideboard

I think the cut might be Murmuring Mystic, but otherwise I'm super happy with it. Could also see taking out Heart-Piercer Manticore because I don't have THAT many creatures to sac, except maybe Reggie to end the game.

Of these, I was on the fence about cutting Reckless Charge, Chart a Course, and Prismari Command.