General [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica

Insicho would you be so kind as to start an entire new thread with your ideas for that Hellbend Red deck?

I will be most interested to read it and I think many other cubers will too.

The new red Enchantment doesn't rally support hellbent though because you still draw cards, but you can't play them from your hand. Or am I missing something?

No, you're not missing anything. It doesn't support hellbent by itself. It would require a discard outlet like Stormbind, stopping draws with Words of War or emptying your hand like Grafted Skullcap to get around that. However, it does give you a card advantage engine that doesn't break hellbent.

Uba Mask is pretty hilarious. It neuters a lot of strategies in my cube.

Insicho would you be so kind as to start an entire new thread with your ideas for that Hellbend Red deck?

I will be most interested to read it and I think many other cubers will too.

I have an incoherent idea for a thread about discard & mill-driven control archetypes, if I have time to sit down an hammer out something that isn't half-baked, I will.

peltcollector.jpg

is that the xperiment two

kraulharpooner.jpg

Reach
Undergrowth -
When Kraul Harpooner enters the battlefield, choose target creature you don't control with flying.
Kraul Harpooner gets +x/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
Then you may have Kraul Harpooner fight that creature.

dawnofhope.jpg

Whenever you gain life, you may pay 2. If you do, draw a card.
3W: Create a 1/1 white Soldier token with lifelink.

divinevisitation.jpg

the entreat the angels i needed

risk factor and etrata, the silencer are up my alley

dawnofhope.jpg

Whenever you gain life, you may pay 2. If you do, draw a card.
3W: Create a 1/1 white Soldier token with lifelink.

Oh boy, that's exactly the lifegain pay off I was missing ... I could not have created a better one I think. Fules itself, is strong with some extra lifegain effects and has additional uses for other {W} startegies in my cube like midrange tokens. I'm in love. And I expected the good lifegain stuff to come with the Orzhov ... Wow

Dom Harvey

Contributor
peltcollector.jpg

Experiment One/Lumberknot mashup! Really excited for this one

chambersentry.jpg

This one is hard to evaluate but I like counters, gold cards, and graveyard nonsense and this is a cute intersection of all three. It's not Walking Ballista, but Ballista is one of the best cards printed in a long time and this is better in enough spots

I only see 5 colors when someone wants to force it for fun. 4 colors happens sometimes, mostly base green. I had Etched Monstrosity in for a while, but cut it for something more useful in the end, becuase it never got played.

Oh boy, that's exactly the lifegain pay off I was missing ... I could not have created a better one I think. Fules itself, is strong with some extra lifegain effects and has additional uses for other {W} startegies in my cube like midrange tokens. I'm in love. And I expected the good lifegain stuff to come with the Orzhov ... Wow

Took the words out of my mouth. This is an auto-include for me.

Here's another one I'm excited about:

plaguespreader.jpg

When 'Plaguespreader' enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker. Each player that can't, discards a card

Can I sac himself like with Fleshbag?

Btw, is the full spoiler coming out today or on friday? Because I read 19. sonewhere, but usually it's friday.

He can sac himself like fleshbag. My only gripe is that he isn't a zombie :(. I really need that for Gisa and Geralf loops

Can I sac himself like with Fleshbag?

Btw, is the full spoiler coming out today or on friday? Because I read 19. sonewhere, but usually it's friday.

It has been on Thursdays for a little year now. Wizards wanted players to get a little extra time to get to know the cards before Per-releases. At least that is what they wrote.

Edit: Aaaaaaaand the full spoiler is up (on a Thursday):
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/guilds-ravnica-2018-09-19?x

Took the words out of my mouth. This is an auto-include for me.

Here's another one I'm excited about:

plaguespreader.jpg

When 'Plaguespreader' enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker. Each player that can't, discards a card

Oh, this is great! Fleshbag is a staple in my cube, and making it better is only a good thing in my book. Love that it can nail a planeswalker!

I am sad about the missed opportunity to have good jump start cards. :(

For real. Not only are the jump-start cards weak, there are... just not that many of them. I may have missed some, but scanning the spoiler page I only counted 10 jump-start cards. Compare that to 27 cards that surveil or care specifically about surveilling. It seems odd that jump-start got so little support.