Site News How to: Card Tooltips, Card Images, and Decklists

landofMordor

Administrator
does anybody know how in heck I can access a drafted post from a couple days ago? i clicked the floppy disc icon including "save draft" but now I can't find it anywhere.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
does anybody know how in heck I can access a drafted post from a couple days ago? i clicked the floppy disc icon including "save draft" but now I can't find it anywhere.
As far as I know, return to that thread and it should simply appear in the editor again. If it's not there I don't know...

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Aha, it saves for 24 hours. I'll up this to 3 days. Ultimately, we have to keep in mind that drafts will time out. Annoying that it isn't clearly communicated anywhere!

One trick that probably not many people here know is that you can use the [ c ] tags to link to a specific version of a card by putting a pipe and then the set code after the card name.

E.g. Planar Portal|IN versus Planar Portal|8ED

Of course you can pretty print it by putting the card link in the tag itself.

E.g. [ c=Planar Portal|IN ]Planar Portal[ /c ] without the extra spaces becomes Planar Portal. Preeeeetty! ;)

Note that this only works with the [ c ] tag, not with the [ ci ] tag!
This doesn't seem to work any more. At least on my iPhone all I get are empty Scryfall pages.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
This doesn't seem to work any more. At least on my iPhone all I get are empty Scryfall pages.
Tagging @James Stevenson, as this functionality was recently reworked by him :) Though, to be honest, with all of the different versions we get within a set nowadays, just the set abbreviation isn't going to be specific enough anymore. As I mentioned before, you also need the collector's number to find the right version of a card. The pipe markup is a bit cleaner than using modifier in the tag itself though, since this means you can use them in a list, which is more user friendly, I think. Any chance something like [ c ]Baleful Beholder|AFR|311[ /c ] could be interpreted as the card link to https://scryfall.com/card/afr/311/baleful-beholder James? In this case, I think both [ c ]Baleful Beholder|AFR[ /c ] and [ c ]Baleful Beholder[ /c ] should redirect to https://scryfall.com/card/afr/89/baleful-beholder, since that's the first hit by collector's number.