General How to execute a minimalist Artifact theme

How on earth could you pick up on my Morgan Freeman impersonation, but not realize Brad was joking?

You want the explanation?

I thought he was done joking after he announced he was joking a few comments above. And not everyone are the same. I might be good at some things and bad at other things. This clearly showed one of my many weaknesses :p

At least something mediocre came of it (My Approach the Second Sun sales pitch)

Lol I'm absolutely joking. Approach is sweet and I'd run it if I didn't accidentally make my power level so high. I also have 4 Ultimatums, so, those just seem way sweeter on 7 mana.

I really like how Onder did fancy tagging but got the apostrophe wrong on All Suns' Dawn :p The number of Suns on Mirrodin is a little OP.

I really like how a future riptider is going to be looking to boost their artifact theme and is going to leave the thread with an Approach in their list.

The number of Suns on Mirrodin is a little OP.

Yeah unlike any other plane we know of yet New Phyrexia (Formerly known as Mirrodin, formerly known as Argentum) has five suns. It used to have four until ‘very recently’ as the green was somehow missing. To some the birth of the fifth sun was a sign of an upcoming doom and to others it was a sign of salvation. Mirrodin was ruled by a ruthless dictator, Memnarch who was forged from the Mirari by Karn to protect Argentum but instead he populated the plane with myrs and proclaimed himself the protector of his renamed plane, Mirrodin. Thus the hope for salvation. But instead doom came when Karn accidentally brought back some Phyrexian oil which initially tainted the Mycosynth in the original Mirrodin block.

The five stars on New Phyrexia are also called moons. Their names are:
Bringer
The Eye of Doom
Ingle
The Sky Tyrant
Lyese

In Mirrodin Besieged the Mirrans managed to cage the green sun, which was the power source that the Phyrexians used to spread and grow. It can be seen here Caged Sun. However in the end the Phyrexian invasion was victorious and Mirrodin Pure was only a faint dream in the rear mirror.

I've read the last three pages and now I don't know anymore why I ended up here.

Okay, anyway, I know something. If you had to choose only a single black minimalist artifact support card, which one would it be? (I wish every color had a Thopter Spy Network)

This isn't black, but it keeps drawing people into black artifacts for me...

An actual black card that is a payoff for artifacts (though not all artifacts, just the ones that die):

I second the Marionette Master.

He has synergies with tokens, artifacts, counters, power matters (equiment and Vesperlark both), sacrifice, blink.

During the draft he can impact your pick order which is a good quality to have IMO.

My artifact package in black is actually just the Master, Executioner's Capsule and Weaponcraft Enthousiast. I have some colorless cards that play well with it too (Mishra's Bauble, Chromatic Star, Treasure Map).
When combined with artifact matter cards in other colors, I've found it to be enough.

I personally count Cranial Plating as colorless, as I will play it even if I don't have access to black.

Supporting Equipment.dec and enabling mono color drafting with more colorless cards made a little artifact subtheme really natural for my cube. Here are the cards that now care about artifacts ...

... or a subset of them ...

My other equipment "payoffs" are just creatures with keywords. However, I hope that the few cards that actually mention artifacts are enough to create some decks that want those as a subtheme.

I think it is key to find support cards for other archetypes that happen care about artifacts. I've found the most overlap with wildfire (has mana rocks and man-artifacts), sacrifice ("sac an artifact or creature") and blink (artifact engine cards and stuff like splicers), but I'm sure there are other good fits.