Article I wrote about Giant Growth, Heroic and Cube

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I run both nighthowler and bonehoard, and bonehoard is the better card i.m.o. I find Bonehoard to be the less narrow card, since it can come down as a resilient midgame threat that scales into the lategame, while nighthowler seems at its best as a late game finisher for decks following a very grindy strategy. They are both good in my cube, but than I support a dredge theme, and have 1-2 more graveyards for them to feed off of, and that of course effects their playability for me.

However, if bonehoard is not good enough for your cube, I would imagine nighthowler would not be as well.

If you have 1 heroic creature and a prowess creature or two, this could really make enchantments less of a bad idea. Aren't there some enchantments that can return themselves to your hand, for repeatedly triggering hero/prowess?

Laz

Developer
If you have 1 heroic creature and a prowess creature or two, this could really make enchantments less of a bad idea. Aren't there some enchantments that can return themselves to your hand, for repeatedly triggering hero/prowess?

Those cards exist, but at higher power levels, excepting something like Rancor, you can hardly afford to durdle around like that. You can definitely make something like this work, but you need to watch your removal suite pretty closely, and tailor your whole list to this power level. I support both Heroic and Prowess in my 'draw-a-card' cube, and those sorts of decks shine there, but that environment is all about durdly value-engines.

Other cards that go well with pump.

You can Giant Growth the pinatas or the things they are blocking, depending on the situation. For one, they force combat interaction. They are also not much of a blowout if bolted in response.

Constable is really bad, but if it connects with pump, gg. Kind of a unique card. Needle Specter is less swingy, but still quite situational - can end games, can be a blank.

I was thinking of meh hexproof creatures, but they don't really go in any other decks except SB for control matchups.