Card/Deck Ideas for a Microsealed Cube

Hey guys, I really enjoyed the Microsealed Format that was eplaines in Jason's Article on CfB with very tiny tweaks like just using the normal lands from my cube. But I wasn't quite pleased with the feeling. My cube, like most here, is designed to give consistency and redundancy to certain archetypes, so a 90-card pool could easily have enough to support 2 or 3 {B/R} sacrifice decks, which felt boring. Also, the constructed-like consistency of the decks allows for more niche and focused strategies than you average singleton cube. You can kinda implement constructed decks into this limited format.

So I decided to build a cube, a small one, just for this format.

Here is what I laid out as rules:
- 180 cards (This way every card will be in the pool all the time, minimizing the cards needed for a viable strategy)
- 28 per color, 20 colorless (4 five-color-fixing lands), 10 gold, 10 hybrid

I started still with 10 archetypes for each color pair, looking for stuff that might not be possible in larger singleton cubes, but I still want to get as much variance in the mix as possible. So I just want to add at maximum 10 cards dedicated to each for those archetype, and also try to have a some of them be useful for others as usual. For example, here is everything I added specifically so far for my {U/B} archetype:

If you end up with 5 or 6 cards of those, that's already two thirds of your needed playables, so you can just fill out the rest with useful cards and fillers and get a deck that feels focused and streamlined like a constructed deck.

But I think you can get even more niche in this format. My {G/U} archetype looks like this:

That's pretty doable with 15-card decks and a pool that is split in half among both players. But I want to go even more fancy. I already have a infinite combo (I know of) with Presence and Midnight Guard, but I'm not just looking for this kind of stuff.

I want to add as many cool 2-card combinations as possible, like Kor Skyfisher + Oketra's Monument, as well as cool constructed decks, that could finally be integrated into a limited cube format. But I am just as curious, what you guys think of this idea, to create a format specifically for a 2-man Microsealed.

For reference, here is the list I'm working on: http://www.cubetutor.com/cubeblog/149765

I know that you've probably seen it already, but check out the untappers archetype from the last Modern Masters set, it was a blast in limited. Key to the City is also a banger of a card in my UB tempo archetype, and crosses over into artifacts if you make that happen.

One of my favorite cards that is pretty bad in cube but would be sweet in this format is

It makes lots of interesting decks. The most well known cards for this archetype are the 3 myrs

Retriever as a single-ton will likely not break anything due to the format shuffling the graveyard into the library, but he’s a janky combo piece for other decks as well (with 2 myr retrievers in a hs deck you can get infinite storm count and death count)
Not sure if you would want a 0 mana 4/5 running around (YES it does work like that), and Superion is pretty eh outside of this archetype
Perilous Myr could be played in lots of decks, but a 0 mana sorcery speed shock is pretty good (in modern it’s not quite good enough though).

Usually this archetype is U/B due to counter magic being very important to combo, but Heartless Summoning can easily be a G/B beatdown deck, or a Eldrazi/B... Eldrazi Beatdown deck. Usually hs decks are combo or beatdown haha, but Aggro R/B lists do work (with superion)
Looking at your list I feel like most cards that would make the inclusions in a Heartless Summoning decks are currently too strong for your current power level in your list, maybe even Heartless Summoning itself? I doubt that due to Heartless Summoning being made powerful by its support cards and not the card itself, so keep out Phyrexian Metamorph + superion and it should be fine

I know that you've probably seen it already, but check out the untappers archetype from the last Modern Masters set, it was a blast in limited. Key to the City is also a banger of a card in my UB tempo archetype, and crosses over into artifacts if you make that happen.

Oh yeah, that's where I got the idea from!

One of my favorite cards that is pretty bad in cube but would be sweet in this format is

It makes lots of interesting decks. The most well known cards for this archetype are ...

I'm intrigued. How would your 15-card dream deck with Summonings look like, if possible without using (too many) cards, that are useless elsewhere?

Other ideas? I'm basically asking fro all your favorite casual decks here, as janky as they might be!

Magical Christmasland? How about...

Magical Heartless Combo Beatdown Land

Spells (3)
Heartless Summoning
Go for the Throat
Mulldrifter

Creatures (7)
Perilous Myr
Myr Retriever
Viridian Emissary
Havengul Lich
Desecration Demon
Verdurous Gearhulk
Spellskite

Lands (5)
Swamp
Forest
Island
Brass Burnwillows
Evolved Wilds

Sideboard (3)
Glissa, the Traitor
Solemn Simulacrum
Wolfir Silverheart

This deck is gross, but I love it. (based on a crappy build I made a few years ago)
Main focus is using Havengul Lich to constantly (sorcery speed) shock everything with Perilous Myr while also protecting itself with spellskite and recurring your beaters that die. Yes, Heartless Summoning does work with evoke. Sideboard cards are other cards I considered. Glissa can wipe an entire board of two or less toughness creatures with Perilous myr, but her weird mana cost kept me away. Solemn Simulacrum is nice, but it's toughness is too high. Also a niche lookalike of Verdurous Gearhulk (counters and trample are better, but Wolfir Silverheart is bigger overall).
Remember that (pay 3 life: shuffle graveyard into library) is a choice.
Desecration Demon, Verdurous Gearhulk, Mulldrifter, and Spellskite would be my choices of the most powerful cards in the deck (maybe go for the throat too, but since this is such a fast format you likely need fast removal otherwise they're just bad)
Havengul Lich is sweet, but it's only overpowered in this deck, slow for other decks but it's one of the few repeatable recursion creatures that aren't downright broken

(if I wanted to make the deck not downright stupid, I'd replace Desecration Demon with Bloodgift Demon, Mulldrifter with Cloudkin Seer (or something similar), Gearhulk with some other green beater... maybe Thundering Tanadon? Nah that's bad. Molder Beast is an interesting combo though)
Also

Is a cute lookalike but pretty bad comparatively (sweet art though)

Did we have another thread on this forum that linked to the same article by Jason on Channel Fireball?

I have read it before and it is still soo cool. It open up such a different way of playing this game.

Yes, I have been digging this format of late and linked to it a couple times.

Tutors of all stripes are excellent in this format. I know they are already great, but the ability to pull in cards from your entire card pool opens up a world of possibilities. I recently added Myr Incubator to my Mirrodin cube with this format in mind.