General Ikoria/Commander 2020 Cube Community Survey

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this community, but every set release I help run a Cube Community survey that is designed to get the Cube community's impression of the new set. You can see our results from Theros, Beyond Death in our article here - https://luckypaper.co/articles/cube-prospective-theros-beyond-death/. Over 80 cube designers participated!

We've been looking for other communities to reach out to, and RiptideLab was on the top of my list this time around. Here is the link to the survey - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfE5pJMBUilzyFaEDOePAJD7Y0CXBH7zhra4NkJPsjLcJBQiw/viewform

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Yay, I will definitely participate in the survey, as I have for your ELD and THB efforts. I can't wait to see the conclusions that you draw! The work that you do in gathering community opinion and presenting it in a standardized way is great, and you all do a wonderful job narrativizing those data and showing why they are important. I know this is a labor of love, and I am grateful that you undertake it.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Done! Forgot to save the results for here :')

Oh, also forgot to add the companions >_> Should I submit another list Tjornan?

Edit: D'oh, also forgot Ethereal Forager.

My 3's
Fight as One
Neutralize (edit: I had this as a 3 as well)
Ketria Triome
Savai Triome
Zagoth Triome
(yep, the other two Triomes are 0's for me :))

Also, I think including Lutri might very well be a mistake. You automatically qualify for the companion clause in (most) cubes, which means you get a free 8th card for no investment at all. Lutri is as broken in cube as it is in commander imo. Feel free to test it, but I can't imagine it being fair. In fact, I think it is correct to pick Lutri over Sol Ring, Black Lotus, Moxen, Ancestral Recall, and Time Walk. It's that good.

Here's what I had to add for everyone who is interested...
Flourishing Fox 1
Luminous Broodmoth 1.5
Splendor Mare 1.5
Valiant Rescuer 2
Will of the All-Hunter 1.5
Boon of the Wish-Giver 3
Escape Protocol 1
Neutralize 3
Ominous Seas 2
Shark Typhoon 3
Call of the Death-Dweller 1.5
Easy Prey 2.5
Heartless Act 2
Drannith Stinger 1
Flame Spill 1
Go for Blood 1.5
Yidaro, Wandering Monster 2.5
Almighty Brushwagg 2.69
Gemrazer 0.5
Migration Path 1.5
Titanoth Rex 2.5
Wilt 1
Lurrus of the Dream-Den 1
Lutri, the Spellchaser 0.5
Fiend Artisan 2
Keruga, the Macrosage 2.5
Savai Triome 2
Ketria Triome 2
Indatha Triome 2
Raugrin Triome 2
Zagoth Triome 2

Many would say that Lurrus or Lutri are the best cube cards in the set since they are borderline broken. Unfortunately, those two cards are too good or too warping for many environments. I don't think either one of these two cards are going to be reasonable includes for most people simply because of how easy they are to make work and how much of an advantage they provide when in play. While I can see Lurrus being ok in an environment with no power 9 cards but a fairly high power level otherwise, I can't see it being healthy for most environments. Lutri just gives every blue or red deck a "free" 8th card in hand, which greatly imbalances those colors.

Shark Typhoon is the best cube card in the set. It works in basically any blue deck and has a near-infinite number of modes. It can cycle for 1U, Make a 5/5 flying flash uncountable draw a card fro 6U, or just be a 6 mana enchantment that starts producing flying sharks. The card is good option at almost every power level and has fun thematic elements to boot. This card is great.

We're at over 110 participants! Thanks to everyone that has participated so far, and if you haven't filled out your info, please do so. The survey will close this Friday!

Oh, also forgot to add the companions >_> Should I submit another list Tjornan?

Feel free to resubmit the survey - I go through all the results manually and thus I'll catch it :)