Jason Waddell's Cube

Skyclave Shade's kicker can also present it as a stronger threat late game than the always-2/1 of Bloodghast. Haste doesn't help much against a 2/4 blocker, but a 5/3 body smashes past it.

This is in support of one each. Bloodghast can certainly be stronger in other situations.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but I mostly want it as sac fuel and not actually something that turns sideways. I'll put it in the testing list.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Cards I'm currently not testing because the cost doesn't seem worth the benefit:

10, 47, 2, 3 2, and 13 tickets respectively. Well, double that because I'd want them for both MTGO accounts. Not that cost is really an issue, but if anybody has convincing arguments for or against any of these it may affect my behavior.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I think the Artisan and Knight are cool enough to be worth the (relatively) cheap investment - Knight in particular plays out so well, and any vestigial Birthing Pod deck in black or green will love to have Artisan

Is Klothys busted?

If you can break parity with stuff like MLD she's pretty good, otherwise she's just sort of hating on everything passively. It's not insane but its never really dead either.

For those cards you listed I'd go with Artisan and Knight. Both play well in the decks that they slot into by promoting different lines of play, I'm always happy to see them come my way if I'm drafting a Graveyard or B/x Aggro deck. Reclaimer and Scourge not worth the investment, Dryad and Omnath are kind of just goodstuff-y guys for greedy decks. Dryad doesn't really do much unless you can pair it with ways to fill your hand with lands and/or gain access to lands from your graveyard next to a Crucible or Ramunap Excavator. That's when it gets pretty neat.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Is Klothys busted?

It is a one sided Sulfuric Vortex that is harder to remove. Make of that what you will.

Cards I'm currently not testing because the cost doesn't seem worth the benefit:

10, 47, 2, 3 2, and 13 tickets respectively. Well, double that because I'd want them for both MTGO accounts. Not that cost is really an issue, but if anybody has convincing arguments for or against any of these it may affect my behavior.
I have a playset of knights if you need them.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Design thoughts:

This card feels like a control hoser and control is already shaky enough in my cube.

Thinking about doing this, with a 2/1/1 split on Feeder/Crawler/Bloodghast. I kind of miss the second feeder as I felt like I didn't have enough useful sac outlets. Maybe there's another solution.

This is coming in for Vorapede, which felt like it hadn't been doing a lot lately.

I put this in over Sphinx of Jwar Isle, but as far as I can tell it's not been getting any play. Not entirely sure what my blue finishers should be these days.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Let's chat if you're eyeing BGw.

Do you have a CubeCobra or just the doc in the OP?
Oh, well that doc in the OP was out of date. I've updated the link and also given a link to some randomly sampled iterations of my cube.

I'm not super serious about lifegain at this point. There are a bunch of changes I want to make, but I've been sick for the last week and haven't really had the energy for it.