Jon's Graveyard Cube

CML

Contributor
i don't think you can cube tutor it, sadly

i think being forced to soft-pedal the land death theme and then getting fucked over and over again by some dumb academy ruins / volrath's stronghold / other people's amazing lands loop was something that compelled me to cut bouncelands, so i could toss in the set of tec edges

I can definitely see cutting the bouncelands at some point, or at least adding a couple more Tec Edge to the utility pile. At least you can play around Tec Edge a little bit more than Wasteland/Strip Mine. At the moment I'm liking the bouncelands for retrace and also as an early discard outlet.

So, I'm obviously on board with breaking singleton, as it seems most on here are. The question I'm thinking about now is when/why to break singleton. I originally built around the idea of doubling up on the "build-around" cards like Haakon, Vengevine, Spider Spawning, etc. The more I'm thinking about it the more I'm thinking the cards that should be breaking singleton are good support cards, especially multi-archetype support cards. Having two copies of Haakon or Burning Vengeance would make your deck more consistent and increases the chances the card shows up in pack one, but having two players trying to draft that archetype wouldn't necessarily work.

What do you think? Better to have two Vengevines and one Wild Mongrel, or one Vengevine and two Wild Mongrels (which supports anything that needs a discard outlet, like Madness, Haakon, Vengevine, Reanimate, Loam etc etc etc)?

(see my post on this thread for more rambling about classifying cards into Good/Build-Around/Support: http://riptidelab.com/forum/threads...-the-problem-archetypal-design.216/#post-5019 )

CML

Contributor
don't get me wrong mr metzger! bouncelands are sweet. tec edge is super-sweet.

for some reason Jason has had good experiences with wasteland and we had quite the opposite one over here.

your worries about Vengevine and friends are legitimate and IMO point towards the major difficulties of building a "theme" cube

Just found a sweet one - Knight Tribal, Zombie Tribal, and GY thematic as heck:
Image.ashx

21 cards cut/added - http://cubetutor.com/cubeblog/2877 . Going with the "One Vengevine, Two Wild Mongrel" plan in general. Also added in a spellbomb package and Auriok Salvagers.
At the top of the bench waiting to find their spots:
Compulsion
Tortured Existence
Cairn Wanderer
Psychatog
Obsessive Search
River Kelpie
2nd copy of Circular Logic

CML

Contributor
River Kelpie is super-sweet, but be wary of including too many high-CMC cards that just draw cards and otherwise durdle

I've been working on a cube list with a heavy graveyard theme for a little while now and I can say that you should for sure have Deadbridge Chant in your cube. Looking at your list I personally would cut the Pernicious Deed but that's just one mans opinion.