General Looking for collaborators/leads: budget cube

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Barter in Blood is only .25 on CFB.
Sunscour is 0.49 but it looks terrible.
False Prophet is 0.49 and it doesn't look too bad.
Kirtar's Wrath is a dollar, if 6 mana wraths are ok.
March of Souls is 0.49. Interesting card.
Phyrexian Rebirth, .49. Finally, a decent card, though still expensive.
Planar Collapse at 0.79, another interesting one.
Retaliate 0.49
Solar Tide 0.49. Did I hear something about sacrificing lands?
Winds of Rath is 1.50 out of some duel deck. That seems decent. I don't think budget can afford any 4cmc wraths.

I also wanted to pipe up in favor of Fencing Ace, Accorder Paladin, Gather the Townsfolk and Pianna as usual. I would cut Knight of Meadowgrain from the current list. That's not the current topic, I know, but there it is. This may be a viable archetype to build in a budget cube, but with more pump spells and less Champignon of the Parish and Mikaeus or something.

EDIT: barter in blood is out of place in the post, I know.

If we want to branch out with the white discussion, I agree we should see if the double-strike/pump theme could work on our budget.

VibeBox

Contributor
Winds of Rath is 1.50 out of some duel deck. That seems decent. I don't think budget can afford any 4cmc wraths.
i like winds of rath, it's quirky, and more interestingly so than kitar's wrath.
i would agree it's worth it to splurge on an dollar fot he 4 mana wrath

If we want to branch out with the white discussion, I agree we should see if the double-strike/pump theme could work on our budget.
order of white shield - 0.12
order of leitbur - 0.12
fabled hero - about a buck
fencing ace -slightly more
mirran crusade - 1-2
silverblade paladin - same
skyhunter skirmisher - 0.20-.030
pocelain legionaire - 0.10

chieftain en-dal - 0.14
wow, knight of meadowgrain is more expensive than i expected.

obviously we can only afford a couple of the 1-2 dollar type cards as thematic centerpieces, just
throwing spaghetti at the wall

it runs deeper if you really wanna start leveraging the "knights" thing
order of golden cricket - 0.04
even good old paladin en-vec is only about 60 cents

edit: ugh just finally went back throught he thread to finally notice the "using CFB prices part. the above is from tcg player's market thing : -(
i'll adjust this after the Oregon game

fun project, i'll be happy to tinker

The black section is feeling a little lacking to me because I feel that's one of the colors that really shines on this budget because it can do a lot of good things for cheap, Sacrifice,Denial,Discard,Recursion,Aggro,GY matters so that's the one I'm going to focus on for this post.. Below are cards that should be in or are worth consideration and help push various archetypes.
Corrupt.10
Tortured Existence.25
Carrion Feeder.50
Phyrexian Reclamation.50
Choking Sands.25
Rancid Earth.25
Rain of Tears.50
Icequake.50
Disturbed Burial.25
Death Denied.25
Grim Harvest.10
Mortician Beetle.50
Viscera Seer.10
Augur of Skulls.25
Infernal Tribute(around .50 or so)
Zombie Infestation.10
Ritual of the Machine(around.50)
Smallpox.25
Phantasmagorian(between.25 and .50)
Harvester of Souls.25
Vengeful Pharaoh.50
Corpse Connoisseur.25
Necrotic Ooze.50
Entomber Exarch.10
Balustrade Spy.10
Akuta, Born of Ash.25
Undercity Informer.25
Stronghold Rats.25
Stinkweed Imp .25
Phyrexian Ghoul.10
Nantuko Husk.10
Pawn of Ulamog.25
Skirsdag High Priest.79 (I think it's worth it. such a huge payoff getting this guy active)
Wrench Mind.25
Stupor.25
also not seeing Duress or Appetite For Brainson the list.

Also a huge fan of Raven's Crime and Syphon Life which can help lead to a self mill/GY strategy as well as other recursion cards like Worm Harvest,Reach of Branches,Cenn's Enlistment,Oona's Grace

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, TE decks always struggled against Cloudpost decks, as they were too grindy without a sufficiently potent endgame. Nobody could out-endgame Cloudpost. Storm was also a bad matchup, if we didn't draw sideboarded hand disruption. But both of those are gone now.