Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

I've never seen this guy in a cube list other than mine, and I think that's a real shame. As you can read in my most recent blog post, he is incredible not only in a self mill deck, but actually in anything that has a high spell velocity. He likes all the stuff that favorites like Clarion Spirit do - he is just way cooler. (And costs more than twice as much, but still!)

If you have a cube with a power level/speed low enough that people can cast Fact or Fiction without getting overrun, you should try this incredibly ugly beast. Order your copy of Gurzigost today!

I've never seen this guy in a cube list other than mine, and I think that's a real shame. As you can read in my most recent blog post, he is incredible not only in a self mill deck, but actually in anything that has a high spell velocity. He likes all the stuff that favorites like Clarion Spirit do - he is just way cooler. (And costs more than twice as much, but still!)

If you have a cube with a power level/speed low enough that people can cast Fact or Fiction without getting overrun, you should try this incredibly ugly beast. Order your copy of Gurzigost today!
Well, all but one of my cube (ideas) are in different stages of decomposition (so no list). If your creature power is less than Silvos, rogue elemental then I think that the good old ugly gost is a great card. Unanswered it is mostly a 3 turn clock. It has no built in protection, and it requires a lot of work to make it work. Giving the opponent the possibility to find an answer is a requirement of a great card.
But hey, I did not need convincing that the card is great!

Honestly, a cube that's built of nothing but the A+B combos that we all thought were so cool when we started off would actually be really fun. And it wouldn't necessarily be a straightforward list, since a lot of them would probably overlap.

Some other combos that newbie me thought were super cool:

(And then there were the deck ideas that were bad, like a BG mill deck that tutored out my opponent's lands and then repeatedly used Undercity Informant to mill them out, or a Black "discard" deck focused on forcing my opponent to draw cards in order to keep everything turned on...)

marge-i-just-think-theyre-neat.gif

This is an astute observation! I wonder how many Cubes fall into this category... Probably more than a few, right?
Yes, it is a big cheap beater with a drawback. If comparing to the contents of acube it is worthy if:
Either the drawback is manageable and the relative strength difference is worth it.
Or the drawback is not a drawback at all.

Ravnic’s cube satisfies both! Your highball does not satisfy the first part since you have a lot of green strong creatures (albeit a bit more expensive mana wise). The second one is a lot harder to asses. Does your green decks have a lot of cards at turn 5/6 in the yard? If yes, do you want them back on the bottom of your deck?

As an example: In my urza cube I have the following cards.

The wurm is much stronger/cheaper. The drawback is sadly a real drawback*, but the difference in strength is worth it.
*okay, rancor argothian enchantress make it a strength but unlike Gurzigost it requires very specific cards.

Did anybody ever have any success with this card? I know it's definitely not high-power, also the ceiling is probably like 98% you win the game.