Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

I came here to talking about
which is another mini-fatty.

Am I the only one who thinks this card looks sweet?

It's a cool card... but I feel like it's going to cap out as a 4/4 trampler for {1}{G}{B} with a bunch of text on it unless the game goes really long? Compare to...

I like Akawalli better. It's a 5/5 (not a 4/4) often enough, as it also counts fetchlands cycling lands, baubles and seals. And a 7/7 trample is quite impressive for a 3-drop and very possible to achieve.

Also, the Troll eats your graveyard, which might be very akward.

Really not sure how I missed that it's a 3/3 not a 2/2...

That said, the Troll eating your graveyard is what makes it interesting to me, because it actually has a cost associated with it being a 5/5 trampler by T4. On the flip side, it also has more play against graveyard hate (since it has a built-in way to potentially restock).

I've seen Worn Powerstone in many cubes, even max-power-ish ones. I've had it myself and it was a bit too much ramp for a colorless card. But I never see this in people's lists:

Isn't this just better if you're green? It could be a very nice card to encourage BIG green ramp decks, or no?

Also, have you seen the stronghold printing? Just wow.

I've seen Worn Powerstone in many cubes, even max-power-ish ones. I've had it myself and it was a bit too much ramp for a colorless card. But I never see this in people's lists:

Isn't this just better if you're green? It could be a very nice card to encourage BIG green ramp decks, or no?

Also, have you seen the stronghold printing? Just wow.
It is a great card. Thing is powerstone goes in all decks, overgrowth only green. Thing 2: green has ramp that’s also a creature or fixing which trumps overgrowth.

has anyone ever tested this? It does spark joy looking at it, but it would require quite an overhaul for my cube to even support the density.

has anyone ever tested this? It does spark joy looking at it, but it would require quite an overhaul for my cube to even support the density.
I think this card is very good. It would already be great if it cost {2} to cast. As-is I think it needs a little more support density in order to be a non-parasitic Cube inclusion, but I don’t think it’s too far off!

Definitely watch this one for the future!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I think this card is very good. It would already be great if it cost {2} to cast. As-is I think it needs a little more support density in order to be a non-parasitic Cube inclusion, but I don’t think it’s too far off!

Definitely watch this one for the future!
It was going to but they didn't want to print it like that because of lurrus
Funny how they needn't have worried

The trick with Manufactor is that it needs to make very few tokens to be worth your while, so if you've got just a bunch of incidental treasures/clues/food in your artifacts decks, it gets really good. It's a consistent all-star in my cube's artifact decks.

From when I've played with it, it just straight up vomits tokens onto the battlefield if you have any support for any of those tokens. If you don't, it's just a naff creature. I'm not sure that it's a good card for Cube.

How do we feel about these two in a bounceland format?

They offer a bit of disruption (-1 mana) and a bit of draw smoothing (and the enchantment type is relevant).

Any other mild mana disruption spells you can think of?

How do we feel about these two in a bounceland format?

They offer a bit of disruption (-1 mana) and a bit of draw smoothing (and the enchantment type is relevant).

Any other mild mana disruption spells you can think of?
Mild? I like playing rough but imagine this:
Opponent on the play:land one drop.
You: land one drop.
Oppo: one drop bounce land
You: one drop bounce
Oppo: land, seas one drop
You: one colourless drop and bounce?
It is sinkhole basic land plus draw as Brad says. That is not mild. Especially not since the seas screws up your fixing as well. I do not think blue needs to be strongest in the land denial as well as all the other parts (okay, you could stiff blue on creatures if you like but still).