Lucre's Pet Project

Hello my pretty princes and princesses, if you've spent any time in CBS lately you'd probably know I'm trying to put a modernish list together and I've been trying to solicit your help!

I'm really just throwing spaghetti at a wall right now and seeing what sticks, but hopefully I'll be uploading something proper to cube tutor in the next week or so.

Spell Velocity to fuel graveyards and triggers is a major principle in the format I'm trying to create. I want people to be playing stuff often, even if it's low impact, holding cards or watching them sit on the board doing their thing is something that only only really fun 20 percent of the time and I want my players to feel like they are constantly doing something and constantly building toward something.

I'm also trying to take full advantage of white's classic token generating common limited bombs as a real pillar of my format. Battle Screeching and Covoking out spirits will be encouraged, but I found the least fun aspect of those formats was instant/sorcery overrun finishes, so I think I'm going to leave anthems and things like mirror entity as the high for those tricks. Expect to see a lot of people die to Blasting Station + Secure the Wastes though!

Currently I'm a little worried I'll have gone over the deep end and put too much introspective (deck/draw/card advantage) manipulation, and not enough business (creatures, combos) and interaction (removal/disruption). So if you guys wana take a look and help me out I'd love ya for it.

Anyway, I'm trying to blatantly support: Spells matter, Token Aggro, Token Midranged, Graveyard Aggro, Graveyard Combo, Wildfire and Traditional Control. I feel like midranged decks might look a little different in this format than in most.

I'm looking at something between 380-400 cards with something along the lines of 60 per colour 45 duals, 30 guild cards, a smattering of 3 colour cards (maybe come with a land) and something like 15 colourless. I belive I'll most likely make up a black planeswalker to hang with Lily, and I may try to flesh out some other shallow slots, like enemy colour manduals, with customs too

What I have so far:

modernish cube 3.png

modernish guild 1.png

modernish colourless 1.png

Thanks for giving it a look! Sorry for the dumb formatting so far and the typos!

• Red White and Blue all have some spells matter aggro support through delver/pyro/prowess/cantrips/tokens
  • I think all colours will be able to get in on value graveyards, but I think it's the strategy most likely to turn into heavy multicolour decks. Green Black and Blue will probably be favourite for the graveyard combos.
  • Graveyard Aggro is base black, but I feel like you could easily figure out a 2nd version of this that utilizes cantrips and delve guys/ goyfs.
  • I think all colours will work well with red in Wildfire decks, but I expect to see the most Ru and Rb wildfire decks. I'm still trying to work in flagstones of torkair into this cube. (following up your wildfire with a Grim Discovery seems great, Demonic Tutor seems great in wildfire)
  • There will probably be a lot of ability to take advantage of lands in your grave but it will center around green, always looking for new boosts to this them

Anyway I hope I'm not forgetting anything that isn't obvious, I'm trying to include a lot of colour bleed with the main thematic elementals.

I said it above that I'm kinda cool on overrun effects. They trike me as a super unpleasant way to win / lose the game. Losing to a more on / off version of wolfir silverheart has got to lead to some unpleasant games. Espcially with the kind of token support I'm sporting. I actually wonder if I should be working on having a little more hate in there. I do think the tokens might want a little more buffing though.. hmm..

Definitely gonna try out Sudden Reclamation. I want to find room for more token support in red and blue, and some more decent flashback spells. I'm really not above making the cards I want though lol.

Can you imagine getting back a land a shriekmaw with your sudden reclamation while binning something like a roar of the wurm?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Some decent but not broken 5-toughness creatures would be welcome if you support Wildfire. Covetous Dragon, incidentally, is nice with the artifact mana you want to run alongside Wildfire.

Alternatively, hitting your opponent on the way out is also pretty stylish.

I see you already have Reveillark, which is also awesome to Wildfire away with targets in the yard.

There's two nice (sorry for tooting my own horn here) custom token producers in my cube that might fit here well.

Pick%20the%20Wrong%20Fight.png
Instigate%20the%20Masses_1.png