General Misplay of the month

Fellow cubers,
I was cube drafting on Wednesday and drafted a nice Birthing Pod deck with an Uro.
My first turn opponent played Cemetery Puka on turn 3. I read the card, nodded to myself and continued playing. Two turns later I played my Uro, titan of nature's wrathwhile my opponent had one mana open. Then he quickly beat me to death with his Puka, wo had becomme an Uro copy...
So what has been your biggest misplay this month?

Last edited:
Drafting SNC seems to be the bigger misplay.
I assume you were green/white?
I think I was Cabaretti.

I wouldn't be drafting SNC, but I'm preparing for an RCQ where the main event will be SNC draft. I'm pretty good at it right now, I can win any game where bombs aren't involved. Unfortunately, the power outliers in SNC are basically impossible to beat barring some very specific answers.

It's a mixed bag but I'm only aiming for top 8 anyway.

OK I have a better misplay.

I read Unlucky Witness wrong:

I thought I could play both cards exiled when it died when I could only play one. When it died, it exiled a Mountain and a Pyre-Sledge Arsonist. I was like "sweet, I've just drawn two cards." So I went and played the mountain... only for the Pyre-Sledge Arsonist to disappear into the shadow realm.

This misplay lost me the game because I proceeded to draw lands for the next several turns even though all I needed to win was one extra creature.

Oops.

That's funny :p

Are you moving it to Testing from Includes then?
I honestly don't know, I haven't finalized the aristocrats section that would use Unlucky Witness. If I had played the card correctly, it would have been good, and there were several times when the card basically said "when this dies, draw a card." If it doesn't make it into the Cube, it's going to be because of space concerns and not because the card isn't good. Because the card is fine.