Mix-n-Match Cube

I posted in another section before, but now I'm actually building the thing. Time to post in the Cube Lists forum!

The core idea is that each color has four iterations or "pods." For instance, blue might have Permission (50% counterspells + things like upheaval, etc.), sky aggro, tappers (creatures that are underwhemling on combat, but left unchecked can provide advantage over time), or spells matters.

Before drafting, you choose (randomly or not) which pod is in which color and mix'm all up.

I like the idea of making it hard to do a mono color deck. For instance, the blue permission pod is unlikely to have many/any finishers in it. To get a finisher, you must add at least one more color. This allows me to force multi-color and also allows me to push each pod to the most narrow places they can go. It's possible that red will have a mono-red aggro section that breaks this rule, and black might have a swamps-matter pod that breaks this, but most pods will be missing a critical piece that a deck would want.

Today I'm trying to do the spells matters for blue. Here's what I have found in my personal collection that seem to be key cards for spells matters:

Spells Matter

So far I'm considering just jamming the rest full of cheap cantrips, but I figured I'd ask if you guys have a better idea as to what goes along with these cards specifically?

Another possible blue section is control. This one has a lot more potential cards and will probably have to be cut down instead of beefed up. It has a notable complete lack of creatures or win conditions.

Heavy Control

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Some other spells matter cards to think about might be ones that effect spells or can be cast more then once.

You could also go to Forbidor Capsizeif you don't hate those cards.

Also, just plain card draw power could go here

Wow, has it really been almost a year since I touched this? Woah.

I'm moving forward with the mix-n-match cube idea again. This time: tribal. The tribes are inspired by Tribal Golem and follow those five.

Full list is here, I'm too lazy to type them ALL in here: http://beta.gracefulstats.com/deck/view/21429

Per-tribe lists are available if people want them.

Sample of one of the tribes: Zombies

These are just the build-around-mes. The zombies that are just "good card that happens to be a Zombie" are in the base cube, not the flavor packet. For the initial run I also erred on the side of a variety of effects rather than doubling down on what I presume is the best effect. It'll get tuned in time.