General Nega-Cube on Magic Online

Isn't all the "memory" between drafts just the Elo rating? I noticed it wobbles within 150 points, but that's not that large a difference.
I don't think so. If it went by ELO it would not pass Garruk Wildspeaker and other generically powerful cards.

However, it might be part of the equation as the bots do overdraft Tinker.

From what I remember reading the draft bot methodology article, community-based ELO plays heavily in their decision making. This would naturally lead bots to being less functional when faced with a non-typical cube like the black cube, and could play a part into why certain cards quickly "lose memory" in a draft environment, if they are being pulled down by a depressed community-ELO. With a card like Wildspeaker, there might be more in play.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just catching up on this thread, and I echo the sentiment that we could all try to be a bit more respectful in this department. Especially considering the designer has one of the earliest registered RiptideLab accounts.

I don’t think I was disrespectful or had a toxic attitude. If I made anyone of you feel this way, I am sorry. It is my job as the writer to write in a way that can be received properly according to my inner thoughts and I have appearently failed. I can see this from the thread. I did not know the designer was a Riptide user.

I don’t think I was disrespectful or had a toxic attitude. If I made anyone of you feel this way, I am sorry. It is my job as the writer to write in a way that can be received properly according to my inner thoughts and I have appearently failed. I can see this from the thread. I did not know the designer was a Riptide user.
For what it's worth I don't think your initial comment was particularly toxic. At worst it seemed like a little bit of teasing.

While I think there is a broader discussion that needs to be had about our posturing towards the broader Cube community, your post was largely non-offensive.

Fully agree. Seemed like more of a joke to me and didn't feel toxic.

I think it's fine to be critical or skeptical of someone's design and it's fine to tease someone's design, just don't be hateful about it.

That’s my issue. From what I can read, you were all perceiving my message differently. That’s my problem and not yours. I should have been more clear. The burden is always on the sender and never on the receiver. Sorry everyone <3