General New Format: Timeless

Magic: the Gathering has a new format. It’s called Timeless.

It’s an eternal (non-rotating) 60 card format for Magic: Arena.

Here is the link to the official website:
https://magic.wizards.com/en/formats/timeless

The format is kind of like Arena’s Vintage because all cards are legal and there is a reserved list. The format is at first glance very similiar to Historic. The differences is that in Timeless you can play with both the rebalanced cards (errata) and also the pre rebalanced (original) cards. So everything is legal. Also the Alchemy cards. And in Timeless there will be no ban list.

I've really been adoring this. I think it's pretty different from Historic; at this point, Historic has a curated banlist and gameplay patterns that couldn't survive some of these Timeless-legal cards. I'm so happy to be able to play an Arena format with brainstorm and ragavan and treasure cruise and bowmasters and and and and[....]

Anyway. It's been really fun brewing decks. I think the format is going to probably settle into a couple of pillars: fast blue with lurrus, slow blue with yorion, dark ritual+necropotence, 4c control pile, 5c midrange pile, delver decks with blood moon....

So obviously, I'm playing jund phoenix. and Blue Moon UR and RUG pile, too, but mostly Phoenix. The format is so fun and so awesome.