Card/Deck Oldies

CML

Contributor
Out of boredom and drunkenness last night I browsed through some Vintage-ass sets. When it became clear this was a huge waste of time, I endeavored to winnow the chaff by instead viewing the sets in descending order of TCG Low Prices. Here is what I turned up (some of these are only for the funsies draft ...)

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Jihad is decent and if white devotion gets a playable card or two might even be awesome. Its rarely ever worth less then two swings.

Bazaar might be good. Unlike Diamond Valley, there is no Simple Substitute for it, but how many decks really want to play a land to not make mana and lose cards? Not many, but you can be safe knowing you won't get anything as banal as Vintage Dredge in a cube.

Land Equilibrium is a miserable card that will probably win games with support.

Hellfire is crazy strong for those who like Fire Covenant.

Flickering Ward is balls out amazing with enchantment support and still good without it. Highly recommended.

Island of Wak-wak is a playable funsies draft card, but extremely marginal.

The rest I don't think are very interesting.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Bazaar is shockingly unCubeable for such a powerful card, much to my chagrin.

Hellfire is very strong but there are cheaper cards that do similar things.

Earthcraft is an interesting card, kinda like a Gaea's Cradle that you can toggle as you see fit. Just something like T2 Nest Invader T3 Earthcraft, 3-drop, giving you access to 7+ mana on turn 4, is impressive, and it gets out of hand if you have something like Lingering Souls or Master of Waves.