Grand Prix 2019 will showcase these:

CD2DC254-6E75-41C1-B63A-51FE7FF0F3C6.jpeg

4469C1F6-37FF-47F7-BECF-B01A67C62F75.jpeg

34922A21-4F28-40CF-825E-9D9F22985707.jpeg

Some are more obvious than others to me:

Kaladesh Plains
Ixalan Island
Amonkhet Swamp
Ravnica Forest, right? Could also be Innistrad but the autumn gives it away.

And no idea here: Dominaria Mountain?

Also no idea what Bolt is suppose to be from except from generic Magic setting.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I believe that is new Mountain art. I don't recognize it from anywhere. Definitely not Doesn't strike me as Dominaria. Foreshadowing?

Edit: All of that land art is new, by the way, but the others are definitely immediately recognizable, unlike the Mountain.

Oh man, I'm going to need to pick up a playset of those bolts for my Modern deck. It looks fantastic.

I'm always down for more choices in basic lands and promos and whatnot, but this set of basics looks very generic to me. And really, another Bolas horn land? :rolleyes:

Wizards of the Coast employee: “We need a new Basic Swamp for Grand Prix 2019. It will be located on Amonkhet.”

Artist: “Got it! I’ll put tons of Hedrons on it. Sorry this wasn’t for Zendikar? I guess I’ll draw some more Bolas horns for ya.”

Basic land promos are a zero on the excitement scale, especially if they're not even going to be full art.

However I am pleased the bolt will apparently be available in both foil and non-foil versions.

A new novel by Brandon Sanderson has been released for purchase:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/brandon-sanderson-wrote-a-magic-the-gathering-novella-1831011028

It features a new planeswalker named Davriel. It is likely this planeswalker will be included in a future set within the next few years because Brandon was given this assignment by Wizards of the Coast in order to bring life to Davriel.

nwgeogumq4f28iy97j8g.png

Full art picture can be found in the link but was too large to be uploaded here.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
The entire story can be read for free. I'm guessing a black red or black blue planeswalker from the first few chapters. Siphons spells from his enemies, resorts with demons. Quite an intriguing character.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
For anyone who missed it, the full story can currently be downloaded here: https://magic.wizards.com/en/story

I actually really liked it! No Jacetice league anywhere in sight in the whole story, instead we get an interesting, layered tale set in a backwater part of Innistrad, that leaves us with some interesting trails for the future. Job well done Brandon Sanderson!