General P1P1 with Marshall Sutcliffe and Rashad Miller

Hmm, I hadn't noticed that they were all 2/2. I looked through the physical cube to make sure it wasn't ALL 2/2s. There's a lot. Like, a lot a lot. But there's also

yeah dude you look like a normal person but that wooden thing in the background is like the same vague color as your head so at a glance it looks suuuuper disconcerting

Primadox has only seen play once (one of the curses of changing the cube probably too-often), but my opponent did groan when he saw it, so that says something.

My first actually good deck that I designed (note: many people designed this deck, it's not difficult, but I did it independently, so I still count it) went something like this:

There were some other cards I can't remember, along with at least some amount of removal, etc. But every one of those cards made it into the cube because that deck was awesome. Reusing ETB effects can take over the game pretty quickly.

The deck I posted as a then-standard deck. There's a lot of things I could/would have done differently with a wider card pool. I was just explaining where I came to love Roaring Primadox. In cube I'd have to think about how badly the green creature restriction hurts me. There's a lot of Blade Splicer and similar cards that I'd miss, probably...

I'm more broadly accepting than most, but many of those I wouldn't really run unless you can show me a sweet synergy or five. Primadox gets an include because (unanswered) he just keeps doing his thing instead of doing it just once. That said, Stonecloaker is currently in my cube (it's been okay so far, far from the worst thing I'm running, far from the best) and Fleetfoot Panther has been discussed (not sure if he's in right now or not). Stormfront Riders I hadn't seen before... it may get the nod soon with some other changes I'm making. That's pretty sweet.

Is that too good? Maybe in white?
I am intregued...

I tested a Bond Beetle at 1/1 and it seemed completely fair. Most of the time Experiment One was better unless you were trying to reset a persist creature or push an evasive creature through a board stall. But really nothing broken.

How about a 1 mana 1/0 with graft 1?

A playable graft one drop seems sweet. I'd imagine it would be good to push through some damage, then graft over when its body gets outclassed later in the game.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I've got experiment two in my cube right now and he's super loved:

G1
Evolve, Graft 2
0/0

being a 2 drop lets him start moving around counters sooner, whereas with the 1 drop grafty guy you need 2 more creatures to start grafting it up.