General "Power" pack

So I think someone posted this idea already but I couldn't find the thread. To whoever that was, I apologize.

Here's the gist. Add Lore Seeker to the cube. The booster this adds would be a pack full of power cards (busted stuff you wouldn't normally run). Obviously, this isn't something you do all the time otherwise you might as well run a power-max list. But it could be fun on those nights people just don't care and want to see stupid stuff happen.

I'm trying to balance this a bit by color, but it might be too lopsided (I don't want to just add artifacts and blue cards though). Looking for ideas on what goes in this pack or if this idea is just retarded (I won't be offended).

Here is what I have so far.

A few of these are really not all that broken. Armageddon I'd run main cube honestly. Same with Vortex. I've never even played with Channel, but it feels a bit narrow (what deck really wants that?) Green has jack for "broken" power options. Necro is definitely busted but it goes in one deck.

Thoughts?

I'm not really looking for a constructed style pack like that (it's really about adding an option for running stupid broken stuff if the urge strikes the group). Have you actually tried that above (relentless rats pack)?

I'm not really looking for a constructed style pack like that (it's really about adding an option for running stupid broken stuff if the urge strikes the group). Have you actually tried that above (relentless rats pack)?

Never tried it, but it would be a fun experiment.

I think Balance may still be too strong. Would Tolarian Academy be good enough? My cube is pretty artifact heavy, but even there I have it as a Utility Land Draft card.

I'm making artifact lands free (they only interact with a few cards in my cube so I figure who cares - anyone who wants them can have them). So I expect Tolarian Academy to be broken in half good. Balance is definitely stupid, but what else is there in white? The card I'm most worried about is opposition. That thing is so oppressive.

Then again, that is sort of the point of this pack. It's like opening pandora's box. You are going to get a sweet card or two, but so is everyone else at the table. Hope it was worth it. :)

Hi, i'm the guy who keeps a power pack! And no offense taken! I'm glad someone is trying the idea.
My power pack is

I also use a conspiracies pack, but we haven't tried either yet (well, not since this stuff left the main cube). There are a few cards i miss and a few i say good riddance to.

Sweet! Thanks for posting your list. Land Tax is a great idea (I'll have to check to see if I have one). So is Sneak Attack (it was in my cube until very recently). Maybe I swap those in.

I really miss balance and clamp... True-Name can suck it tho.
Sneak attack is not really consistent at all, but it has created actual high-five moments, like when my wife sneaked an emrakul into play with her Worldknit deck.

I kinda want to try this now! I think it'd be fun to throw in otherwise dumb, broken, or fun cards into a draft every once-in-a-good-long-while to spice it up.

"Conspiracy" Pack: Shuffle this into the 360 then make packs.

For Lore Seeker, the player who drafts it chooses one of these packs at random:

Pack 1: GRBS

Pack 2: Actual Power

Pack 3: Pure Gold

Na dawg, he's got the Recall, Time Walk and Moxen but can't be bothered to drop the extra Ks on a Lotus.
But since he has most of the real stuff, a proxied Lotus would look silly!

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm totally pitching this idea at our next FNM. We moved away from a high powered cube for a reason though, so it will likely be something we do pretty rarely and only if the whole group is feeling a degenerate Magic session. I know the consensus with my players is that the cube plays better without these cards, but at the same time certain cards have been missed despite how often they ruined games (though I'd argue that's just because it's been awhile since we played them).

I'm also not big on proxies, so I'll probably just run something along the lines of what Blacksmithy posted. But maybe I'll proxy the true power cards and give the option of two packs (busted or more busted).

Thanks for the suggestion. I've considered the conspiracies, but it's more about nostalgia as far as running "power" cards go. But I'll bring that up with my group as another option. I do have copies.

Yeah, they certainly dont have any nostalgia. They do bring a really interesting form of power, though, because they're not "oops i drew my ancestral recall, gg." A conspiracy is always there, staring your opponent in the face, like a cardboard chuck norris, its eyes are upon you.

I bought the conspiracies awhile back because they seemed an interesting twist. I have yet to run it by the group though so they've been collecting dust.

I never quite know what the consensus will be. My group is old school. We don't run walkers or dual faced cards for that reason, but other things (you can argue are just as radical) can sometimes be fully embraced (like hybrid cards for example). I never can tell before hand.

Back on the nostalgia thing... I know at least one guy still pines for sword of fire and ice and jitte. And recurring nightmare became everyone's favorite p1p1 bomb towards the end too. So it would be fun once every few months to see those cards back in the pool just to tickle that itch for people.