Putting the Hristm back in Christmas

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
This is the first year in memory that I have done no Christmas shopping. Tomorrow I'm getting drunk on imported Kool-Aid and domestic Vodka and watching Home Alone.

How are the holidays going for you suckers? Expecting anything baller under the tree?

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I do what I have done every year for the past 10 (11?) years:

See my family on Christmas then travel southward for a gaming binge. This year will be a little shorter then in the past, but I will do my best to game twice as hard and 1.7 times as fast to make up for it.

My experiences are thoroughly uninteresting, except for the annual snaps-making. This years variants: Sea Buckthorn, sloe, lovage, fennel/tarragon, and rye bread. I wholeheartedly recommend making your own spirits. You can do it with vodka if you're not a fan of the Danish national beverage.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
My mom's visiting (that's a good thing, she's cool) and we're heading out to my grandma's house for copious grub. Hurrah. And tonight/tomorrow night I rack my brains painfully to come up with another bunch of original christmas cards. Ugh.

I'd be damned if I knew which were solely local fauna and which had a shot to be legitimately understandable, I just ran them through a dictionary :p

CML

Contributor
Though my Christmas will be depressingly conventional, an OKC date who described the last six weeks as "the busiest time of year for suicide hotlines" has inspired me to beat the traditional source of that depression, Not Seeing Friends Who Are In Town For The Holidays For No Reason. Wanting to get drunk after a tedious family gathering where I field questions like "Oh, so you like Beethoven?" or "Any grandkids yet?" for the eleventh consecutive year, I just had to find people for whom December 24th has no significance. Being from a nerd background, this was pretty easy. Praise Allah for Jews

Laz

Developer
Merry Christmas from Australia, as I while away my time avoiding the gathering of extended family in the adjacent room.

Food was excellent though.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Why no gifts Jdollar?

Cause my only family lives on another continent, and shipping prices being what they are...
In a strange turn of events I got invited to go on two dates on Christmas, and was out dancing til 5 in the morning.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Generic mainstream music, it wasn't a club with a whole lot of personality, but it was open on Christmas, so what can you do.

While peeing at the urinal a guy held a key with cocaine on it up to my nose. I politely declined.