General Random White Card Slot

Which card goes in?

• Keep Riot control! It has potenial!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Return Test of Faith! It is fun!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Run Galepowder Mage! CML said so!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Run something else! I'll tell you about it in the comments!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
So, yesterday I slotted in Riot Control in the cube. It was drafted and main decked. Its impact was "usefulish". The potential upside to this card (blocking direct damage, killing attackers while fogging other attackers) never came up. Basically, it played like a 3 mana respite and that extra mana WAS relevant at least once.

I'm wondering what to do with this slot.

Before, the card here was Test of Faith which was intermittently fun, but also sometimes useless.

What do you think should do here?

I've always been a big fan of Carom for its extreme flexibility. Killing Birds of Paradise, saving your creature, and drawing a card is actually a real thing that happens, but then you can also cycle it as long as there are at least two creatures in play... I think its best case is on par with Test of Faith but its average case is much better.

Are you running Mana Tithe? It's so, so much better than Force Spike.

I will be a fan of Righteousness until the end of time but you perhaps want something more powerful?

I absolutely adore Harm's Way in my cube. It's good to have combat tricks available to keep people on their toes, and it's definitely one of the most cubable ones. You can 3-for-1 folks with a 1-mana card, if you're lucky, and it is a 2-for-1 more often than not.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Hi!

I already run harm's way.

I liked mana tithe, but my playgroup feels it isn't a white card, so we don't run it. Blue is easily our least played color and force spike is one of our favorite blue cards, so really, I understand wanting to keep that effect blue.

Is shining shoal good? Never played it.

I run both shelter and harm's way, so I think carom might be to redundant. Or maybe it isn't. In a 600 card cube it probably would be fine.

Thanks for the suggestions, mulling is underway.

CML

Contributor
harm's way is sweet. that's a good card. can one of y'all describe the effects it has on games?

carom is my favorite limited trick of all time. GOD i miss RGD. i dunno if it's cubeworthy, though. probably not.

put these in though AFTER YOU TRY GALEPOWDER THOUGH WTF.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
For my random white card vote: Otherworldly Journey. Saves one of your dudes, makes it bigger, slide out an opponents guy for the final swing, go nuts with eternal witness...
and yes chris, we all love galepowder mage. We get it :p

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I was just thinking, "What about Reverse Damage?" I mean, that card itself is a little weak, but maybe they made something like it afterwards that I totally missed that isn't too bad..

Well, the gatherer search didn't turn up much. I got Samite Ministration which has an annoying color clause, Hallow and Awe Strike which are both really situational,Abuna's Chant which costs way too much, Intervention Pact which is a slightly better reverse damage and Candles' Glow which is both sides of healing salve AT THE SAME TIME.

Anyone think any of these cards have any value?